Problem After Helix Upgrade - Question | JoomShaper

Problem After Helix Upgrade

SC

S-D CONSULTING

Helix Framework 1 year ago

Hi, I have a problem after upgrading HELIX from 2.0.11 to 2.0.12.

To be sure, after the problems encountered, I recovered a backup from a few days ago in the staging area and I updated the site, starting from Joomla 4.2.8 to 4.2.9, and the various plugins.

I ran all the updates individually, and after each update I checked for the problem. Sadly it only manifested itself at the end when I ran the upgrade.

From the search system, when I search by term, the following disappeared from the results page:

• the translations of the fixed parts
  • the images associated with each joomla article
  • the dates of each article

although the parameters are all the same as the previous one. Thinking it could be a template problem, I downloaded HELIXultimate Template 2.0.12 from scratch, installed it and set it as default, and the problem remained.

There is definitely a bug in HELIX. Can you tell me how to fix? If I set any other template as default, and up to version 2.0.11, it was all working.

10 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109779

Hi,

To be honest I don't remember that we changed something in search view on that update, but you can use older search view to compare results - it will help us to solve it in next update, that is planned soon.

All you need is:

1. Install Helix Ultimate 2.0.12 (or maybe you have it already?)
  2. Then use FTP tool and from old HU 2.0.11 please override only those two folders with all files inside:
plugins\system\helixultimate\overrides\com_finder\

plugins\system\helixultimate\overrides\com_search
  1. Then compare search result view, and let me know. Please also share links to screenshot (!)

I am waiting...

SC
S-D CONSULTING
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109781

As I wrote in the post, I have done all the updates (I'm working in the staging area where the same problem occurred).

In the staging area I have already installed version 2.0.12 which has this problem, clearly the problem comes from HELIX because it also manifests itself with its clean and new template HElixUltimate 2.0.12.

You give me two paths, and you tell me to overwrite them, but I don't understand with which file I should overwrite them?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109792

all files inside those folders , easier, in FTP tool just click upload > overidde : yes

SC
S-D CONSULTING
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109808

Hello Paul, I'm sorry but I don't understand your instructions.

What do I overwrite those folders with? I have installed Helix Ultimate 2.0.12, you tell me to overwrite the two paths, but with which files??? Can you explain better?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109810

Oh.... I thought you're webmaster, not just a website user/owner.

plugins\system\helixultimate\overrides\com_search\search\default_results.php

plugins\system\helixultimate\overrides\com_finder\tmpl\search\default_results.php

plugins\system\helixultimate\overrides\com_finder\tmpl\search\default_result.php

Use FTP tool (!) or File Manager from cPanel, use files from old HU 2.0.11.

SC
S-D CONSULTING
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109811

Hi Paul, I recovered a previous download of Helix Ultimate 2.0.11, I tried to overwrite:

com_search

and also com_finder, since Joomla 4. Nothing, I got nothing.

If I set Cassiopea, the default Joomla template, everything works fine.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109812

also com_finder

plugins\system\helixultimate\overrides\com_finder\tmpl\search\default_results.php

If you use Smart Search (!) becuase I don't know what you're using there.

If will not help, as I said ones, please install HU 2.0.11 make screenshot how it was, and share link to that jpg.

SC
S-D CONSULTING
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109814

Sorry Paul, I'm a webmaster, but you explain yourself very badly.

The path you highlight:

Does not exist.

In the real path of the plugin is this:

plugins/system/helixultimate/overrides/com_finder/search

Here, does not exist any /tmpl directory.

SC
S-D CONSULTING
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109837

In order to restore the search functionality, I had to overwrite the html override present in the template with the original Joomla com_finder files.

Unfortunately, by deleting the template override, the HELIX function starts which contains the original problem.

In this way I temporarily solve the problem, but I ask you when an update of HELIX will come out because this is a serious damage.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109951

So we talk about Finder component override, sure, I will ask to fix it.

Thanks for clarification