Text Editing Annoyance - Question | JoomShaper

Text Editing Annoyance

A

Arthur

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

This applies to SPPB but it also applies top this Forum. It is quite annoying that I am not able to use the basic editing keyboard shortcuts which are standard for 99.9% of all text editors.

For example - I want to go to end of a line I use Home or End. When I use End here I go instead to the end of the text (or paragraph).

I use Ctrl-Home/End to go to the beginning or end of entire text. I use Shift-cursor to highlight text and Ctrl-A to highlight all text. . etc.

Most of those features do not work in SPPB and they do not work here (where I am presently typing). This is really frustrating when I want to highlight some text and I have to always use the mouse, because keyboard highlighting sucks. I would really appreciate if you can implement the basics. I do not recall those features are missing in standard Joomla Tiny MCE or JCE editor.

2 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #110292

Hi Arthur,

In which web editor you saw them? Maybe I missed something.

I don't have Home&End button on my keyboard, but I indeed in long text during edition it may help.

At least I can add to wish-list.

A
Arthur
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110568

Serving HOME and END buttons on the keyboard seems to be the basic of the basics.