Error Message: No HTTP Response Received - Question | JoomShaper

Error Message: No HTTP Response Received

SB

Sanja B.

General 1 year ago

My homepage can no longer be accessed. But I didn't do anything?

https://imgur.com/tmymxGu

7 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #113168

Hi Sanja,

I found only those two topics from the past:

Seems to be server problems or old Joomla version etc. I never had it on my private sites nor seen here. Maybe change home page - from current to different subpage (maybe with article) to check if it works etc.

and should be

debug_on.png

may help you see more error details. Hosting support may help as well. They can check server error logs.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #113169

I didn't do anything...

1. I hear it every day ;) But I follow the X-Files principle "Trust No One, Mr Mulder".
  2. Sometimes it is because nothing is done for a long period of time causes some weird CMS errors.
  3. Sometimes hosting company change something and webmasters do not read messages from them. Like PHP version change.
GH
Glenn Heino
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #113170

You should rename the .htaccess file to htaccess.bak Or delete the .htaccess file from root of the public_html folder. If you are using CPanel and File Manager (or similar), you may need to turn on "show hidden files"

SB
Sanja B.
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #113171

Thank you, but what is the purpose of this renaming of the file with the extension .bak

GH
Glenn Heino
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #113173

You can just delete it. Renaming it, keeps the file in case it doesn't fix the problem. (Then you just rename it back to .htaccess)

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #113273

Some rules in default .htaccess may cause problems on some servers, it's quite common.

But it's hard to tell if that file cause that problem or not without rename/detele it, as @Gleen said.

For sure, I would ask hosting support as well, they own you help.

SB
Sanja B.
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #113277

Thank you Paul.