[Locked] SP Page Builder 5 Beta 2 Launches With New Features: Font Book And Backend Media Manager - Question | JoomShaper

[Locked] SP Page Builder 5 Beta 2 Launches With New Features: Font Book And Backend Media Manager

Kawshar Ahmed

Kawshar Ahmed

SP Page Builder 11 months ago

Hello Everyone,

We're happy to introduce SP Page Builder 5 Beta 2, the latest installment of our page builder software, designed based on your valuable feedback and lessons from our past.

Download

Whatt's new in the beta 2

• New: Introduced Font Book, a feature that allows both Custom and Google font installation.
  • New: Implemented a Media Manager in the backend.
  • New: Added functionality for sorting saved addons & sections.
  • New: A feature that allows group-based repeatable setting fields rendering in the frontend editor.
  • New: Introduced Colors Library to the frontend editor's color picker.
  • Fix: Resolved language loading problem.
  • Fix: Addressed issue with the JCE editor.
  • Fix: Nested repeatable field issue.
  • Fix: Fixed multilingual issues for languages with the same prefix.
  • Fix: Resolved all previously known issues.

In this new version, you'll find:

• Streamlined backend and frontend editors
  • Enhanced sidebar for easy access to Addons, Sections, and Page Settings
  • A new Color Library for expanded design options
  • Improved Color, Typography, and Box Shadow functionalities
  • Efficient backend and frontend editing switcher
  • Optimized codebase with a more linear structure
  • Redesigned user experience for all addons
  • Quick-access copy & paste feature for sections and addons
  • New sorting feature in layout bundles
  • Enhanced navigation and findability

However, we kindly ask that you adhere to the following feedback rules:

1. Please refrain from using hate speech. Respectful communication is key.
  2. Only constructive feedback is encouraged. Let's work together to build a better product.
  3. Test on all possible cases, including old templates, 3rd party addons, and even when upgrading from version 2.0.
  4. If you encounter any bugs, please provide detailed information, including how to reproduce the issue and the circumstances that led to it.

We're committed to continuously enhancing our offerings, and we can't wait for you to experience this new version.

Thank you for your ongoing support. We look forward to your feedback on SP Page Builder 5 Beta 2!

Please note, this is a beta version of the software and it's not recommended for use on live production sites. We cannot assume responsibility for any disruptions or issues that may occur on your website as a result of using this beta version.

1-font-book.jpg 2-google-font-installer.jpg 3-custom-font-installer.jpg

Best Regards

41 Answers
M
Morphinestyle
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117053

Wow... Ultrafast! I will try soon.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #117057

Let us know your feedback.

Thanks

Y
yo_ray
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117055

Sounds great!

When you're working on a new version. Would it be possible to improve the image addon. To be able to add various sizes for one image (like mobile a small image, desktop a normal sized image and retina a big one). Like it would be possible with srcset in the picture html element it would be possible. Maybe also with fallback option and modern (webp) and regular (jpg, png) formats.

This would imporove the addon i think.

Thanks

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #117056

Thanks. We will work on improving the existing addons after the release of the stable version.

Thanks

T
tomstark1963
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117058

Hello,

I just installed beta 2 overtop of beta 1. My options on the left panel is missing items (Font Book and Media Manager), and when Click on Custom Font or Integration I get this on my screen:

Unhandled Runtime Error

TypeError: i[e] is undefined

Please open the browser console for more information! Call Stack l

(2:863681) 556

(2:285) l

(2:863686)

Any suggestions?

T
tomstark1963
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117059

To follow up my previous message, this is from the browser console:

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #117060

Install on a new installation or clean your browser cache and cookies.

Thanks

T
tomstark1963
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117061

That worked! Thanks! Also, I generated a Google API entered it into the Advanced section of Settings. Google Fonts is now listed in the Font Book with a search and categories box, however, I don't have any Fonts Listed. Not even if I search or choose a category.

Any suggestions?

Tom

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #117062

Hit refresh after adding API key. The font will be shown up.

Thanks

T
tomstark1963
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117063

I have. I have cleared my cache and cookies and refreshed my browser several times and still nothing.

And I have tried in FF and Chrome and Safari, nothing shows up.

I see a spinner for about 1/2 second, but that is all.

Tom

T
tomstark1963
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117065

I figured it out. I was on my API side, I needed to enable the Web Fonts Developer API.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #117066

Happy to know that it worked.

Thanks

T
Tomasz Michałowski
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117072

slideshow - SP Page Builder 5 Beta 2 : in slideshow when placing an element of type: button joomla page shows an error: 0 - Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string, and the whole page crashes ;-(

additionally, in slideshow, when editing, for example, the Type Title header, editing is shown in new windows - then you can't change the page width view, it makes it very difficult to work if you want to, for example, change the font size. then you have to close the windows, change the width and go to editing again.. Most likely the top bar for changing the width of the page does not have the highest z-index to be able to change the width during editing

When choosing a graphic or icon - the window is shown below.

T
Tomasz Michałowski
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117075

image selection window for add-ons:(gallery, clients, icons groups, button group(>Choose Icon),Carousel,Carousel Pro,Slideshow, Team Carousel, Testimonial Carousel) shows below - unable to select image

Md Siddiqur Rahman
Md Siddiqur Rahman
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117080

Thanks, we will resolve this.

A
Artur
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117078

Hello, please add more columns. Do it with a manual shift, e.g. %.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #117087

Just drop column to an existing row from the addon list.

Thanks

SC
S-D CONSULTING
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117084

Hi, thanks for new release. Now I will do some tests and I will be happy to possibly contribute by providing my feedback. I ask a question right away: with Page Builder 5 do we lose the interface that was obtained with version 4, where on the editing page do I see how the page itself is formed?

As much as it was of a strong impact, now that I've been using it for some time I realize that it's very useful because it allows me to see the pages I compose in real time. Moreover, it responds very well even in the presence of the custom.css as it immediately collects the information.

If this possibility no longer exists, I have the impression of taking a step back.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #117086

Frontend editing is here to stay. Our ongoing efforts are focused on continually improving its user-friendly aspect. This is because visual designing is often more efficient, eliminating the need for constant switching between the front and backend, like when working solely on the backend. Plus, every change you make is immediately visible, greatly accelerating the process.

Thanks

SC
S-D CONSULTING
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117093

Thanks for the answer, but I didn't fully understand it. Does it mean that the visual design will no longer be available and you will focus on the version that was already the one adopted by Page Builder 3?

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 11 months ago #117141

Sorry for the misunderstaing. The frontend editor is gonna stay. We won't delete anything.

Thanks

M
Morphinestyle
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117091

MAJOR ISSUE:

Minor issue:

• Heading color won't set (backend editing)
  • Some pages in front editing won't show SPPB content (RANDOM - frontend editing)
  • Some pages won't save (RANDOM - frontend editing)
  • After SAVE the page titles move to right: see the image https://ibb.co/qyzVhH7
  • Every animation is disappeared in "While Scrolling Into View" on frontend editing, it's like no animations are set: no more able to edit scrolling animations (but still working on website)
  • Interactions->animation "While Scrolling Into View" area completely missing on backend editing: no more able to edit scrolling animations (but still working on website)

Suggestion for backend editing:

• Single click to select sections and objects to move fastly but keeping current "menu area" on right column: it can make much faster your work (it would help when you have to make changes made in series; backend editing is used for stability and fast editing)

General suggestions:

• please solve the responsive issue and let set own custom breakpoints as main config
  • copy/paste "While Scrolling Into View" animations between elements

If you prefer i can give you admin access to my staging website to analyze it

VR
Victor Reinaldo
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #117181

Hi Kawshar Ahmed

I installed SP Page Builder 5 Beta 2, and I'm not sure why I got this error: in the TRAVELIN template: 0 explode(): Argument #2 ($string) must be of type string, array given

could you check it please?

I ATTACH VIDEO: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b2FLGpAeyjKNzQdXlo6RHV6XRveDoAS0/view?usp=drivesdk Regards

Victor

Geoffrey Smith
Geoffrey Smith
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117201

Installed into my test site. All went well. Made a few changes to one page using backend editor all good. Then tried to access the home page and got following error: https://prnt.sc/3MskeozeHBuN

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #117207

Please share more information.

Thanks

Geoffrey Smith
Geoffrey Smith
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117209

I am running most current version of joomla, php 8.1

What more do you need?

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #117328

Team is investigating the issue.

Thanks

L
leonardo
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117205

https://prnt.sc/BEwhbcsEKR8O where is this editor, that is, the backend editor in the new pages and in those that are php 8?

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #117206

What are you testing? Your version looks like 3.x series. Please read the post very carefully.

Thanks

J
Jürgen W.
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117363

Hi,

I do not see any Google Fonts https://prnt.sc/RvpYE0_kKg6Q

API Key is installed, because I changed from manual Howto to the screeshot. But there are no fonts.

T
tomstark1963
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117365

This one I can help with, as I had the same issue.

In the setting so the Google API that you created, you need to navigate to the API Library scroll down to the bottom, click on Web Fonts Developer API, and enable it. That should display the Google Fonts library.

Hope this helps.

Tom

J
Jürgen W.
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117366

Hi Tom,

thanks for your help, but I had already activated Web Fonts https://prnt.sc/w4SYvzAM-XHv

Do not know hy it is not working.

==> Got the solution, there was a restriction for the API Key set, to specfic URLs to reduce abuse! After setting a new rule for usage, fonts are displayed!

Thanks TOM, you did show me that there must be a bug on my side!

PW
Pascal Wickert
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117454

Hi Kawshar Ahmed,

Thank you for this Beta 2 and especially for the added functionality for sorting saved addons & sections. It is much appreciated.

So, I am now able to sort saved addons and sections, however, I am not able to add it in a page. Each time I tried, the selected section is jumbing back to the section list positionning itself at the end of the list. It is doing the same for the saved addons.

Thank you!

B
bouey
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117489

Where can I ask technical questions ? I have build extra plugin for sp page builder used for translation working fine with SP 3 & 4, it's not perfect yet on SP 5 Beta

Stéphane faboba.com

Md Siddiqur Rahman
Md Siddiqur Rahman
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117699

Hello, As we already supported the plugin you build for SPPB 3 and 4, we will also add support for SPPB 5. please share your observation as a hidden content where we need to add your plugin events to support the plugin from our side.

Thank you!

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117591

Hi.

The problem described here https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/16120 has not yet been resolved.

The problem exists from SP PB 4.0.1 !!!

If it will not be resolved before stable release, then I think that SP PB 5 will not be suitable for use. This is a critical problem. For all other problems, at least there are workarounds. But not for this.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #117843

Taking care of it. If solvable then we are gonna fix.

Thanks

FB
Fernando Bautista
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117643

Cordial saludo, de momento va mucho mejor.

Sin embargo, no es posible editar modulos desde backend.

¿Los modulos se editaran tambien desde backend o solo desde frontend?

Si van a generalizar el uso del editor en todos sus addons, este debe ser coherente y por ende, debe poderse editar cualquier clase de modulo creado con SPPB desde Backend.

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117836

Hi !

Very much enjoy SP Page Builder 5 Beta 2. Thank you for this amazing backend editor !

I just made a clean install on my test server and while using the Slideshow add on in the backend, I noticed when switching in the Options section from Window Height to Custom Height (300), after saving, the Slideshow no longer shows in Preview. Switching back to Window Height it works again.

Could this be a bug ?

Thank you,

Robert

B
bouey
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117851

Hi,

I thinks there are a bug when you edit in backend section options i have 2 sections when i edit the 2nd the title / subtitle display the content of the first one ,

Stéphane

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118109

SP Page Builder 5 Beta 3 has been launched, featuring new features, and the release roadmap for the final version has been revealed. Learn more

Regards

This topic is locked