SP Page Builder 5 RC1 is Out - Question | JoomShaper

SP Page Builder 5 RC1 is Out

Kawshar Ahmed

Kawshar Ahmed

SP Page Builder 10 months ago

Hello Everyone,

We're happy to introduce SP Page Builder 5 Beta RC1, the latest installment of our page builder software, designed based on your valuable feedback and lessons from our past.

Download

We have figure out an way to support rollback support for SP Page Builder series 3.x which will be introduced on the RC 2. After that, you can safely upgrade our downgrade between 5.x & 3.x.

What's new in RC 1

• New: Google fonts are now loaded locally instead of from the Google Cloud.
  • Update: Enhanced the DIV addon to accept elements such as accordions, tabs, and tables, thus providing greater flexibility in content creation.
  • Fix: Resolved compatibility issues related to removed addons to ensure the smooth operation of the system.
  • Fix: Fixed a bug where clicking "Save & Close" in the page builder redirected to the Joomla native editor instead of navigating back to the list page.
  • Fix: Addressed various known issues and implemented bug fixes to enhance stability and performance.

In this new version, you'll find:

• Streamlined backend and frontend editors
  • Enhanced sidebar for easy access to Addons, Sections, and Page Settings
  • A new Color Library for expanded design options
  • Improved Color, Typography, and Box Shadow functionalities
  • Efficient backend and frontend editing switcher
  • Optimized codebase with a more linear structure
  • Redesigned user experience for all addons
  • Quick-access copy & paste feature for sections and addons
  • New sorting feature in layout bundles
  • Enhanced navigation and findability
  • New: Introduced Font Book, a feature that allows both Custom and Google font installation.
  • New: Implemented a Media Manager in the backend.
  • New: Added functionality for sorting saved addons & sections.
  • New: A feature that allows group-based repeatable setting fields rendering in the frontend editor.
  • New: Introduced Colors Library to the frontend editor's color picker.

However, we kindly ask that you adhere to the following feedback rules:

1. Please refrain from using hate speech. Respectful communication is key.
  2. Only constructive feedback is encouraged. Let's work together to build a better product.
  3. Test on all possible cases, including old templates, 3rd party addons, and even when upgrading from version 2.0.
  4. If you encounter any bugs, please provide detailed information, including how to reproduce the issue and the circumstances that led to it.

We're committed to continuously enhancing our offerings, and we can't wait for you to experience this new version.

Roadmap for the Final Release:

1. RC 2: June 15
  2. Stable: June 26

Thank you for your ongoing support. We look forward to your feedback on SP Page Builder 5 RC 1!

Please note, this is a beta version of the software and it's not recommended for use on live production sites. We cannot assume responsibility for any disruptions or issues that may occur on your website as a result of using this beta version.

Best Regards

31 Answers
EM
Elmir Mustafic
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118559

I just installed Joomla 4.3.2, helix ultimate 2.0.13 and Sp Page Builder v5.0.0-rc 1 and when i try to access to pages or adding licence details in global configuration i get this error: https://prnt.sc/Kl2RzhvSqZgD Creating categories works fine.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118560

Just checked again and could not find such issue. Did you clean your browser cache after the installation assuming that you updated from an older version.

Thanks

EM
Elmir Mustafic
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118561

clean joomla install, no updates. I cleaned cache too. Here are login details if wanna try.

Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118565

I just did a fresh install of Joomla 4.3.2 and immediately installed Page Builder v5.0.0-rc 1 and get the same error screen as Elmir Mustafic.

This was after 2 days of playing around with trying to get beta3 installed (same error screen) and several times with fresh installs of 4.0.11 and Helix ultimate then trying to install either beta3 or rc1. Same error screen. Purged caches all around.

I can't move forward until the development team fixes. I suspect others are in the same boat. Too many of us have reported this already to just say you can't duplicate it.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118597

I think we have found the issue. Looks like a case sensitive file name issue for some specific servers.

Thanks

‏‏‎ ‎J‏‏‎‎e‏‎‏‏‎‎n‏‏‎‎s W.‏‏‎
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118567

I have updated to RC1 but the problem is still the same.
Even importing the json from the live-page does not fix the problem. :(
-> https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/25160#qa-answer-118417

I have made a json-export and put it into the hidden content.

In addition, the Backend is broken.
AdminPanel -> Components -> SP Pagebuilder Pro -> Pages
-> /administrator/index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=editor&tmpl=component

There is a ajax request which returns a 500 error and the following strack trace.
-> administrator/index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&task=/editor.appConfig&_method=get

0 Call to a member function getPageList() on bool Call stack

Function Location

1 () JROOT/administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/editor/traits/AppConfig.php:48
2 SppagebuilderControllerEditor->getAppConfig() JROOT/administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/editor/traits/AppConfig.php:28
3 SppagebuilderControllerEditor->appConfig() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:678
4 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/sppagebuilder.php:31
5 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:71
6 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher{closure}() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:73
7 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
8 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:143
9 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:186
10 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:293
11 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:61
12 require_once() JROOT/administrator/index.php:32

Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118568

RC1 is also forgetting the text-transform, but remembers the font-size and line-height.

Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118570

Text-Alignment is also changed after upgrade.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118624

Text alignment is responsive now.

Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118642

What about the other issues?
font-size, line-height, font-weight, ...

And what do you mean with "Text alignment is responsive now."

SPPB 5.x should respect the definitions, which where set by SPPB 3.x.

You have also all what is needed.
Superadmin Access, links to public and staging for comparison and an export of the public page, to test the issues.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118740

Please check the RC 3

Thanks

H
Hindrek
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118569

There are still missing insert and cancel buttons in backend media manager if image is selected from folders. If image is selected from image list, the buttons are there . If frontend media manager the buttons are present also.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118625

Issue will be resolved. Thanks for sharing.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118741

Please check the RC 3

Thanks

Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118576

The reported Problem is a backend issue with the model-loader, which tries to load the appConfig but returns a bool instead of an object.

see: https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/25302#qa-answer-118567

Please let the developers check the settings of Joomla if the debug mode is active.
If yes, then the response of the Ajax or other errors should be displayed.
This would make debugging and error reporting much easier.
No one is helped if only the message comes that something went wrong, but in no form is mentioned where and in what context.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118626

We have found the issue and resolved already.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118742

Please check the RC 3

Thanks

P
Pirosoft
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118586

Sorry, instead of focusing only on new features and new versions of SP Page Builder, extensions and templates, could you dedicate a team to fix problems and bugs by releasing working products?

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118627

We are working on that.

Thanks

P
Pirosoft
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118634

I have several tickets with requests to fix many issues that have been in limbo for weeks.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118743

If the issues are resolved on the software end, we can focus more on better support. That's why we are extermely focus on making our software bug free and reliable. Thanks for staying with us.

PW
Pascal Wickert
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118655

Hello Ahmed,

Thank you for this RC1. Your efforts toward a stable versioin for the end of June is much appreciated.

I have installed RC1 on a copy of my productioin site installed on a subfolder of the production site. It seems that I hve the same issue as Elmir Mustafic. However, I read that you fixed the problem. I am assuming that the fix will be available in the RC2?

Also, I got an error message (0 trim(): Argument #1 ($string) must be of type string, stdClass given) when opening the home page : https://saea-tlss.uottawa.ca/devsite/en/ other pages are working fine (i.e.: https://saea-tlss.uottawa.ca/devsite/en/course-design).

Best

PW
Pascal Wickert
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118722

The problem with some of the page and the error : "0 trim(): Argument #1 ($string) must be of type string, stdClass given" seems to be related to the addon Image Overlay. Once hidden the page is working: https://saea-tlss.uottawa.ca/devsite/en/

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118739

Some addons need to updated to the latest compatibility. Some string type outputs are now object type for complex architecture and better responsive support.

From our end, we will ensure all templates smoother transition.

Thanks

Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118656

Regarding the issue of Elmir Mustafic and the backend.

You can fix it yourself until the new RC2 is released.
joomla root folder -> administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/models/

rename the appConfig.php to appconfig.php

Then the Backend should work again.

Have a nice day.

PW
Pascal Wickert
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118681

Yes! It did the trick. Thank you very much Jens!

Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118734

WooHoo...!! Worked for me. Thank you Jens W.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118744

RC 3 is officially available in less than 24 hours.

Thanks

B
bouey
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118693

Hi,

Thanks for the update , it's seem you make a small error when you put the code in the file administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/editor/traits/AddonsTrait.php line 155 you put

$flattenList->$addonName = $addonStructure;

PluginHelper::importPlugin('system');
            Factory::getApplication()->triggerEvent('onBeforeAddonConfigure', [$addonName, &$addonStructure]);

$addonObject = (object) [

instead of

$addonStructure['desc'] = $addonStructure['desc'] ?? '';

PluginHelper::importPlugin('system');
            Factory::getApplication()->triggerEvent('onBeforeAddonConfigure', [$addonName, &$addonStructure]);

$flattenList->$addonName = $addonStructure;

$addonObject = (object) [

in other case the change make in the extra plugin are addon's are lost

a new problem occur with the text block translation in backend (front-end still ok)

Best regards, Stéphane

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118738

We will fix on that on RC 3.

Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118727

@Elmir Mustafic

I just installed RC-2 version on your site. Please check now.

Note: We will release it today or tomorrow.

Thanks