Fonts - Question | JoomShaper

Fonts

S

S

SP Page Builder 9 months ago

Hello allI did the update today and since then I only have 7 fonts. I save the key from Google Fonts, but every time I go back into the settings, the code is gone.What am I doing wrong and how do I get my fonts back?

17 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #122614

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

Note: Can you share a screencast video about the full scenario?

-Thanks

S
S
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #122644

Thank you very much for the feedback. In the meantime, I have installed the old version of Pagebuilder again. This is much more user-friendly and above all I have the full selection of fonts here.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #122749

If you help me out find out the issue. Then we can solve it. Otherwise we can't make better product. I need your assistance. Thanks

S
S
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #122813

I have to create another page soon, will install PageBuilder again then and will be happy to get back to you. At the moment I want to continue working on the homepage and for this reason I don't want to do the update, where the fonts are missing again. Many thanks for the understanding

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #122916

When you will be free, please create a staging site and share login credential with me to check the issue. Thanks

GS
Guido Scala
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #125997

Hi Toufiq I have the same problem. Could you help me please? Thanks

PhoenixGB
PhoenixGB
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #122832

I have the same issue, please tell me the fix

S
S
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #122836

I don't have a solution, I just reinstalled the old version and am not currently updating.

PhoenixGB
PhoenixGB
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #122850

Got that S, was hoping Toufiq would respond :(

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 8 months ago #126029

Will you please create a staging site and provide me site url with the login credential via hidden content area. Thanks

R
Rvdzande
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #126358

Ok, for anyone having this (and where the api key does not dissapear):

• First get the Api key
  • Now go to 'Sp Page Builder' and font book and add the fonts manually.

Works for me, but this is slightly different compared to SP Page Builder 3.x which had fonts baked in.

P
pixelfuzion
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129748

Finding a site that doesn't have the fonts available is real easy... there is a site you may have heard of that has the PB5 demo up. Its called joomshaper.com. then you navigate to the page builder 5 link, then click on demo. From there click on edit page in the upper right hand corner. Then click on ANY text and try to change the font. You cannot even use the font that the demo is currently using/displaying. Its only like 7 default fonts. That, is a perfect example of google fonts not worlking in PB5.

I would add images here but that option in here isn't even working.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #129815

I would request you to check the documentation.

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/sp-page-builder/font-book

-Thanks

P
pixelfuzion
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129867

Hmmmm, well I got it but... this seems like a much more cumbersome and inefficient way to test fonts to see if they fit into the landscape of the site. The older version was much better and easier to use. Actually, it kinda sucks! Thanks for the help though.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #129873

Thank you for interest to use the font book. I don't did you try to use it. Until you use it you don't know how much useful this feature. It's depend on user demand. Our design and developer team made it smart way. You can try it. Thank you

P
pixelfuzion
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #130023

I did try it... seeing the font in realtime like it used to be was more powerful than finding what I might like, then installing then going back to see if I like it and then deciding I dont only to have to repeat the process. the old way I could just select it and see it in real time... like it cool, if not, I scroll to another that will display in real time. Thats the part that makes this "smart way" more cumbersome and a p.i.t.a. to use and thats the part that sucks. Thats my feedback for the "smart guys"! :-)

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #130158

If I may...

I will answer in my way, using my long web expirence. In general, the fonts are chosen by the client even before the site is built. Logos, colors, design are all established as part of the corporate identity (CI). On the other hand, if you redesign someone's site then you also know the fonts that were used. Therefore, there is no need to guess. If someone plays with the choice of fonts during the construction of the site - it certainly means that he is making a private site. Or makes a site for a woman (30+) who changes her mind every few hours, brrr ;/

Yes a live preview would be useful and we will certainly implement this one day. For now, however, it is worth enjoying what is already there :)