After Migration To Joomla4 Search Works Only Partially - Question | JoomShaper

After Migration To Joomla4 Search Works Only Partially

JF

Jens Funk

General 9 months ago

Hello Joomshaper, I could use your help again. After the migration to Joomla4 the search doesn't work anymore. On the one hand, the box text that you can enter in the module is no longer displayed in the frontend. Instead it says MOD_FINDER_SEARCH_VALUE. The language files are ok as far as I can see. If I use the default layout, the search does not work at all. The error message is: Class "JEventDispatcher" not found. The css-class module is "pull-right educon-top-search". But it doesn't work on other positions either. Is it a Joomla problem, a Page Builder or a Helix problem, I don't know. If you have another tip for this, that would be great. Best, Jens

3 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #125749

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. I want to inform you that the regular search (com_finder) of Joomla 4 doesn't support. If you need search function then you need work with the smart search function.

-Thanks

Michael Koch
Michael Koch
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #128064

Hello, how can we activate com_finder? I dont find it unter my extensions after updating from j3 to j4.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 8 months ago #128105

Joomla 4 omitted to support com finder. Only the smart search will work on Joomla 4. Thanks