Addon Field Error - Question | JoomShaper

Addon Field Error

O

OCRAM

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

Hi

I've made a custom addon with 4 textareas (with four different names). I edit the addon in a page the first time and I fill only the first text area and leave the others blank. Afterwards I close the addon and then I reopen it for editing, the text of the first text area was duplicated into the fourth textarea. If, the first time, I fill the first and the second text area and I reopen the addon, the text of the second text area is duplicated into the first and the fourth textarea.

What does go wrong here? Thanks!

11 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #11523

Hello OCRAM

Please share a screencast of your issue to understand it better.

Best regards

O
OCRAM
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #11615

The errror can also be reproduced with only two textareas: Step 1: Add a row to the page and add the Addon with two text areas Step 2: Edit the inserted addon and write some text in the first text area and "apply" Step 3: Edit the addon a second time (page was not saved) Step 4: The addon shows the previously inserted text of text 1 also in text2

Normally I would do only the first two steps and save the page. In that case the addon would store also the wrong content of text2.

O
OCRAM
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #12280

Hi

Can you update me on this matter? It is important for my project to have 2 or more editors in one addon.

Thanks!

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #12405

Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials.

O
OCRAM
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #13297

Hi

I shared the administrator access in the hidden box for you to examine the problem. Do you have any news on this matter?

Thanks.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #13321

I have tried the test page but could not reproduce the issue. Please share a screencast of the issue.

O
OCRAM
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #13325

Hi

I don't understand why you can't reproduce it. I made all efforts to setup the test page for you! It is not difficult at all to reproduce it:

1. Create a test page.
  2. Add a row with one column.
  3. Add the addon called "Text addon" in the row. The "Text addon" has two editor areas in it.
  4. Edit the addon, you will see two editor areas.
  5. Add text to the first editor area.
  6. Close the addon.
  7. Reopen the addon and you will see the text suddenly appearing also in the second text area.

You have to start with an empty page in the beginning.

Please follow the steps above. You will be able to reproduce it. If not tell me please at wich step you did not succeed.

Thank you for your precious customer care. Regards.

O
OCRAM
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #13390

I saw that you added three "Text blocks" on the Test Page. Instead of a "Text block" you need to add the "Text addon" as specified in point 3 above. Only that addon has two text editors inside the same addon to reproduce the error.

O
OCRAM
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #13562

Hi

Did you try again with the specified addon ?

Thanks.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #13732

Now I get it. It is a custom addon (not from us). Sorry, we do not provide customization support.

O
OCRAM
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #13753

If the error is on my side, e.g. programming error or so, I understand it. But if the error would be in the underlying JoomShaper code I don't understand why you do not provide support for it. If it is allowed to write custom addons then you should provide support for your part of the code especially if, like in this case, it is a very simple addon with just two editors in it and nothing else, no logic, nothing. That means it is only JoomShaper Code involved.