Updating Existing Website With New Webpages Based On Helix Ultimate Template (build With SP Page Builder Pro)??? - Question | JoomShaper

Updating Existing Website With New Webpages Based On Helix Ultimate Template (build With SP Page Builder Pro)???

FW

Frank Welskop

General 3 years ago

Hello,

we have a Joomla website that is online for many years and I would like to give it a modern look and feel now. My question is now how I can replace existing webpages with new ones (build in SP Page Builder Pro) but keeping the old URLs.

In the first step I created a new landing page and I am wondering now how to replace the old one with the new one.

Many thanks in advance for any help or tips.

Frank

7 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #11881

Hello Frank Welskop

If your old site is not made with SP Page Builder, then you have to build it from scratch with SP Page Builder. It will not be difficult. There is a good tutorial on SP Page Builder

Best regards

FW
Frank Welskop
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #11938

hmm, okay. This means a lot of work for me as the webpage is mainly an Online-Shop (Virtuemart) with thousands of unique articles and all processes in the Online-Shop needs to be working again including cart-system, payment process and so on. :-(

And would it be possible to use the "MegaDeal II" template and migrate it to Helix Ultimate V1 or maybe V2

So I have to think about if this possible and how much work this will be for me.

Frank

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #12274

Unfortunately, Mega Deal II cannot be updated to Helix Ultimate. Because it is based on Helix3. Both are completely different framework.

FW
Frank Welskop
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #18101

The problem is, that the site is an online shop (Virtuemart) with more than thousand unique products and a lot of customers with a lot of historical orders.

So I would need to find a way to switch my site to the new framework/template without building it up from the scratch.

Frank

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #18130

I understand your issue. Unfotunately, you have to do it with Mega Deal II then. We do not have plans for VirtueMart now.

FW
Frank Welskop
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #18136

Hi Ofi,

when I use Mega Deal II does that mean that I don't have to rebuild my web site from scratch and that I can replace the actual sides with sides created by SPPB? Is there a documentation somewhere how to do that?

Frank

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #18310

Yes, you can export/import SP Page Builder pages/articles from old template to new template. Please follow this documentation