Easy Store | Catalog Mode, Bulk Product Upload Process / Utility - Question | JoomShaper

Easy Store | Catalog Mode, Bulk Product Upload Process / Utility

malm76

malm76

EasyStore 7 months ago

Hello:

Thank you for the release of eaststore.

I have read the marketing page and also the help files related to easystore and I do not see either of the following mentioned, so I am asking here:

1. Catalog Mode: Does easy store have a setting for catalog mode only (no shopping cart / checkout function)

2. Bulk Product & Image Upload: I woould be loading about 48,000 distinct intems. Most other ecommerce extensions offer a bulk utility to make this feasible and easy. Does Easystore have one?

Thank you.

2 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #132743

Hi Malm,

As you noticed EasyStore is fresh product, we cannot compare it with HikaShop features today. New functionalities/settings will be added over time. Many of them are on the wish-list already. I hope you understand that.

1. Not yet. The only way now it would be to hide "Add to card" & "Quantity" by custom CSS lines.
  2. Not yet.

The main question is: why use shopping component for catalog when there are advanced catalog components for Joomla already?

malm76
malm76
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #133301
  1. There are many reasons why it is benificial to use an ecommerce extension in a catalog / product display mode. This is why so many of the poplular ecommerce Joomla extensions include and offer the capability. This is really not the approriate venue to go into the discussion as to the reasons or benefits. My guess - at some point it will be added as you will have many asking for the capability.

2. Ok. Thank you.