Unable To Recover From An Error 500 - Question | JoomShaper

Unable To Recover From An Error 500

GW

Graham Wilkins

General 6 months ago

https://prnt.sc/DQ-D9Pes0tTq

I tried to access a file via the 'Templates: Edit Style' tool in my attempt to add a logo style to the masthead/menu

I selected the template and then the 'template options' button, but was greeted with a 500 error, I followed the guidance as advised in the attached image (error 500-first), however, this resulted in the following error message:

"Attempted to call an undefined method named "sanitizeAssetsForJ5" of class "PlgSystemHelixultimate"."

I have upgraded to Joomla 5

All extensions are up-to-date

Please advise how I should recover from this!

7 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #134555

Ok, I fixed your template code already using files from new Helix update.

But you shouldn't install new Joomla before checking if your template and all installed and needed extensions are Joomla 5 ready. I hope lesson learned at that stage.

Have fun! You're welcome.

W
Wim
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #134291

Hi, here the same problem. Updated a site to Joomla 5.0.0, with template Shaper-helixultimate 2.0.13 The live sites seems to work normally. Only a font-awsome arror in the menu aint displayed.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #134304

Hi All,

As we repeated a few times on the forum already, please do not use Helix Ultimate on Joomla 5.0.0 yet, wait for offcial Helix update!

You can keep Joomla 4.4 for next few days, it's fully supported version.

Using J5.0.0 on a production site is risky, this same as it was with Joomla 4.0.0. Why don't you wait at least for J5.0.2, hmm? If you want to play without worries, install J5.0 on test subdomain....

Yes, you hosting provider should have full website backup - use it to recover site from crash.

GW
Graham Wilkins
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #134344

You suggest, if I read your response correctly, that Helix and Joomla 5 may be compatible in a few days. Have I interpreted this correctly, and how many days do you anticipate this being resolved??

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #134345

Tomorrow should be ready Helix Update.

desensitization.png

Today we got Beta version for testing... if you want to play, have time and strong pression - look down

GW
Graham Wilkins
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #134553

Hi, any news on the proposed HelixUltimate update?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #134554

In Weekend Dev Team is not working.