SPPB 5, Joomla 5 And ReCaptcha - Question | JoomShaper

SPPB 5, Joomla 5 And ReCaptcha

bdonner

bdonner

SP Page Builder 5 months ago

In SPPB 5, the Contact Form block has the selection of enabling reCaptcha, but an error message when trying tells the admin to enable the Captcha plugin. In SPPB and in Helix I find no Captcha API key settings and Joomla 5 does not have a reCaptcha plugin. What is the way to enable Captcha for Contact Forms?

Thanks, Benjamin

15 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151878

I hope in next update ReCaptcha v3 will be added.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #139516

Hi Benjamin,

it's based on Joomla (4.4 or 5.0.x) core plugins:

• CAPTCHA - reCAPTCHA
  • CAPTCHA - Invisible reCAPTCHA

I suggest using 2nd plugin with correct keys from Google.

Contact Form addon does not support reCAPTCHA v3 (!)

bdonner
bdonner
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #139738

Hi Paul, thank you for your answer. Am I wrong, I thought there is no CAPTCHA plugin at all in Joomla 5.0.x? I cannot find any such plugin.

Benjamin

bdonner
bdonner
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #139746

As my site is a Joomla 5 site, I am unable to use reCaptcha with SP Page Builder blocks? We have been getting some 600 intrustions a minute to our contact form lately so this is rather critical. I am now trying a 3rd party "Anti-Spam by Cleantalk" plugin but Page Builder does not notice it.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #139742

It was/is in Joomla 4.4 were both ;))

In J5.0x there is

info_1886_2023.jpg

but I am not Joomla support to help more.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #139748

BTW

On your place I would use Form Builder addon, not Contact addon - becuase you can also add extra custom fields to reduce spam from RU. Not only Google Captcha.

bdonner
bdonner
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #139749

Thanks, unfortunately my Joomla 5 installation has no such plugin, nothing at all containing "captch". I tried a clean install of the newest J!5 now and it doesn't have that plugin either. I searched in Joomla support forums and found this: https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=834&t=1004858 .

I will try to find a 3rd party solution that works together with SP Page Builder but it seems like there is none so I guess we need to stop using Page Builder contact forms? Should 3rd party CAPTCHA systems work with SPPB or how should one solve the need of CAPTCHA in Jommla 5.0.x?

Thanks, Benjamin

M
Moshe
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #140123

Hello, I also found recaptcha is missing after J5 upgrade (at this time only on a local installation and not on a production site). Yet, invisible recaptcha is still included and you can add your site and crate keys at Google. You might also be interested in a new free extension from Cloudflare (have not tried it yet). You can check it out in JED: https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/access-a-security/cloudflare-turnstile/

Regards, M.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #140130

Benjamin, you can use word captcha just ask users about something , can be simple 8+6

in the near future we will consider ReCaptcha v3 becuase of J5.x , but not today/tomorrow

bdonner
bdonner
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151877

Hi Paul, I have numerous captcha systems now, also installing the standard joomla 4 Invisible recaptcha to my Joomla 5 installation, but I cannot get te SP Pagebuilder forms to use anything I setup. As it is essential to have captcha on forms (my old J!4 site got stuck many times because of thousands of form injections), it would be great if Joomshaper could give working instructions about how to implement captcha to SP Pagebuilder in Joomla 5. I am unable to go live with a site until I get this fixed.

Thanks!

K
Konstantin
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #146759

Где CAPCHA ? Сколько можно ждать решения ?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #146770

This is English Support only.

In Joomla 5 you can also install Invisible Recaptcha v2 from older Joomla, and it will work by now.

K
Konstantin
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #146771

I'm sorry, but you write such nonsense to me! This is the age of AI! Are you having problems with automatic translation? Why are you telling me to write in English if it is not my native language? Is there an automatic translator in every browser?

K
Konstantin
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #146772

I want the invisible captcha to work as it did before. But it turns out that the product has been improved in one place, but in another it has become worse.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #146780

I could read/translate, but we have RULES - Support Policy. Also, we require people to comply with them. Thanks for understanding.