Joomla Upgrade - Question | JoomShaper

Joomla Upgrade

A

angelos

Helix Framework 4 months ago

I have joomla 3 and I'd like to upgrade. I receive error.

Cannot access protected property Joomla\CMS\Menu\MenuItem::$params

It gives the error: json_decode(): Argument #1 ($json) must be of type string, stdClass given

14 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #140730

Hello angelos

Apology for the inconvenience. Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

Best regards

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #140733

In case of Joomla problems, ALWAYS start from that move - to get more details

error_reporting_debug.jpg

2nd make sure that used by you template support J4, if not check if there is a NEW version if yes, install it.

A
angelos
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #140739

Thank you sir. I know this. I have problems when I upgrate the website from joomla 3 to 4.

Before upgrating to joomla 4 I can see that "System - Helix Ultimate Framework" provided by an error as well. I went to components // joomla update // live update. There I can see in the list the "System - Helix Ultimate Framework" .

After the upgrating I had the error :

Cannot access protected property Joomla\CMS\Menu\MenuItem::$params

It gives the error: json_decode(): Argument #1 ($json) must be of type string, stdClass given

NOTE: I'm rebuilding the website from the beggining in joomla 4 (without upgrate). It will be VERY HELPFUL if in the future has an option to download all the conent (pages that I designed) into a file and be able to upload it in another website.

A
angelos
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #140736

here is what you asked.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #140737

For Joomla 4.4+ you need: Themis v2.0.1

All older versions may NOT work in new Joomla!

As this site Webmaster please check it first (!) this is your task to update everything before CMS upgrade process.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #140741

all the conent (pages that I designed) into a file and be able to upload it in another website.

There are extra Joomla Extensions for that. For example you can export all Categories and Articles using free version of j2xml.

For Pages (SPPB) you have to export them one by one, or use PHPMyAdmin to export 3 tables.

Or hire sombody who will transfer selected content for you.

A
angelos
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #140747

Or give you a very bad review because you're not gining this option with page builder.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #140748

SPPB has Export-Import button for each page. But I agree, It does not have Export All.

I think you need to look at things more optimistically, not pessimistically. Otherwise, no one played chess fearing defeat. Besides, a chess player is judged by his skills, not by the appearance of chess pieces. The number of available options (moves) is always greater than 1.

A
angelos
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #140752

Where is this button sir? Could you please give me the spesific location?

The extention that you give is not working: https://www.eshiol.it/joomla/j2xml/j2xml37.html It has an 404 error.

In general I prefer to use extentions from one company so the will not conflict eachother. I suggest you to add some functionality to extract the content more easily.

I'm your costomer for years and I'd like to use your extentions. I don't use LMS and e-shop because you're not providing the same functionalities - options like other companies. Please improve your extentions in the future by adding extract options to save them and transfer them more easily.

Thank you.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #140754

Inside each Page if SPPB 3.x

ex2023.jpg

Or on the list of pages and inside pages - SPPB 5.x

info_1948_2023.jpg

info_1949_2023.jpg

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #140755

we are not j2xml support !!

This admin component is for export-import articles, and it has its own documenation and youtube tutorials. I used it last week and worked, I exported-Imported over 500 articles.

But this is not JoomShaper topic.

A
angelos
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #140759

Thanks for providing inport and export for page builder. The problem is that we can export only one page at time! Could you please in the future update to allow us to extract more pages simultaniously?

For example with bulk action?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #141043

I don't know, I don't rule out that it will be added at some point.

So far most webmasters used PHPMyAdmin for that task.

A
angelos
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141067

Yeap, with the same logic we can use the PHPMyAdmin to extract anything; so we don't need the export-import buttons for single-page builder items...

In any case, this is my suggestion to www.joomshaper.com. Please, in the future make a helpful update on export and import all pages at once.

Good luck.