Unable To Upload WebP Images To Helix Ultimate - Question | JoomShaper

Unable To Upload WebP Images To Helix Ultimate

SS

Steven Saunders

Helix Framework 4 months ago

Unable to add WebP images to Helix Ultimate. Trying to use WebP for logo and favicon. Using .gif, .jpg no problem, but .webp is a no-go. WebP works fine with Page Builder Pro, etc. Just can't seem to use WebP with Helix Ultimate template. What am I missing?

3 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #142697

If in your Joomla Media - you can upload .webp - it's OK, but it doesn't mean that all extensions support that format. SP Page Builder can, but about others, I cannot promise you. Then use .jpg for them.

If you still cannot use .webp in Joomla > Content > Media (J!Core):

• make research on forum.joomla.org
  • And ask Hosting support, maybe there is missing PHP extension for that format

We cannot change your Joomla behavior.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #142545
SS
Steven Saunders
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #142693

Hello Paul/Support Team,

Thanks, but I already checked all that. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the path I took: Home Dashboard > System > Global Configuration > Media.

Allowed Extensions: bmp,gif,jpg,jpeg,png,webp,ico,mp3,m4a,mp4a,ogg,mp4,mp4v,mpeg,mov,odg,odp,ods,odt,pdf,png,ppt,txt,xcf,xls,csv

Check MIME Types is set to Yes (green) Legal Image Extensions (File Types): bmp,gif,jpg,png,jpeg,webp

Legal MIME Types: image/jpeg,image/gif,image/png,image/bmp,image/webp,audio/ogg,audio/mpeg,audio/mp4,video/mp4,video/webm,video/mpeg,video/quicktime,application/msword,application/excel,application/pdf,application/powerpoint,text/plain,application/x-zip

I go to Content > Media > and click Upload. The other image extensions work. Again, just not WebP. I've also checked my WHM and cPanel, which both allow webp. I FTP the webp images and it shows the files are there in cPanel. Is it possible the issue is with SP Easy Image Gallery?