Problem With The Menu In The Helix Template Menu - Question | JoomShaper

Problem With The Menu In The Helix Template Menu

SE

Sven Engelke

Helix Framework 2 weeks ago

Hello,

I have the following problem with the Helix template: At smaller resolutions or if I narrow the browser window, the menu is pushed to the next line. As a result, the menu items appear in the image that is placed below the menu and are therefore no longer readable or can hardly be seen.

Is it possible to display the off-canvas menu so that the menu doesn't slide to the next line? Or what else can you do?

Thank you!

greeting sven

5 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 weeks ago #154009

Hi Sven,

becuase you are not the first one with that question, over a year ago I created those two guide for webmasters (read & follow tips):

1. Start from: https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/customization-tips#how-to-reduce-space-between-menu-items
  2. And as last resort: https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/customization-tips#span-class-h3-how-to-show-offcanvas-menu-sooner-span
SE
Sven Engelke
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #154011

Hello,

Unfortunately, neither of these helps because the custom code specified there does not work. I added it, but nothing changed at all. You can probably only insert a wide, white, empty area. The menu should basically work in such a way that it never slides into the 2nd line. This is clearly a bug.

greeting sven

N
NSBA
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #154032

I don't mean to hijack your post. I want to say thank you for posting. I've discovered this also, and was looking for a solution. The fact this is not fixed is crazy, second their tip is "make" everything fit on one line - is offensive.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 weeks ago #154035

In that case @Sven please share:

• link to screenshot with issue
  • or short video with issue
  • and website URL

it will be much easier to talk.

In my projects I used my tips and worked, but I understand that each case is different.

BTW

Sometimes you have to rebuild header grid to make more space for menu, and reduce logo width a little bit. Or even reduce number of words used in main menu items. But it follows simple math, since something doesn't fit.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 weeks ago #154036

@NSBA, I admit that I completely do not understand your third sentence.