Contact Form Send Button No Visual Action - Question | JoomShaper

Contact Form Send Button No Visual Action

George Ivory

George Ivory

SP Page Builder 2 weeks ago

I have updated to Joomla5.1 with SP Page Builder updated to 5.30 and using the helixultimate 2.0.18 template. Joomla is setup with SMTP protocol for sending email, sendmail and PHP mail not working.

When sending an email from the Form Builder contact form the send button stays static and does not animate (spinning dots) to show that the send button has been selected and to wait to process sending the email and receive a sent successfully message.

The send action takes very long 10+ seconds to process and visitor does not know if anything is happening as there is no visual response.

I need for the spinning dots to get working and hopefully see if the lag in time for processing can be reduced. It is very long for sending an email.

Does anyone else have this issue? Some help would be appreciated as this test site needs to go live soon and cannot in this condition.

8 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 weeks ago #154209

Hello George Ivory

Sorry, I could not get your issue clearly. Please share a screenshot of your issue to understand it better. Take a screenshot and share via any platform. For example: Lightshot or Imgur

Best regards

George Ivory
George Ivory
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #154219

Hi Offi

Please look at the pics below.

One shows the send button as pressed and activates a animation to show the visitor that the email is being processed and sent.

The other picture shows the button is static, nothing happens when pressed and due to the emails taking longer to send (SMTP settings make for slower sending?, Pagebuilder forms hanging or holding up the process?) the visitor doen't know if anything is happening resulting in them clicking the send again which still does not show if the send button is working.

animated https://prnt.sc/GKnvf0Jk6-wu

static https://prnt.sc/JETFeJwQd8VN

G

George Ivory
George Ivory
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #154485

Anyone have any remarks or solutions?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 week ago #154522

Please share the form page to check the issue.

George Ivory
George Ivory
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #154575

Hi Offi

live site so you can better understand my issue.

Production site (working as expected) (J4 with Page Builder 3.89 and helixultimate 2.0.18) https://www.artemisculture.gr/contact

Test site (problematic) (J5 with Page Builder 5.30 and helixultimate 2.0.18)

Thanks

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 week ago #154757

I have checked and sent some test forms. Please ignore them and share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

George Ivory
George Ivory
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #154767

Hi Ofi

I've provided the information below.

Thank you

George Ivory
George Ivory
Accepted Answer
6 days ago #154935

Hi Ofi, I noticed that you didn't get a chance to login to the site. I have removed the temp access as I am updating the site and need to backup prior to any work being done.

Let me know when you need access and I will add it back in.

PS The contact form seems to be processing the emails faster.