Why I Can't See Some Module Position In Helix Ultimate Layout Builder? - Question | JoomShaper

Why I Can't See Some Module Position In Helix Ultimate Layout Builder?

GP

Gianluca Pantaleo

Template 2 years ago

Hi, in my template templateDetails.xml I have a lot of positions but in Helix Ultimate Layout Builder into the select "module position" I have only some positions and not all the I have in the xml. How can I fix it, please? Thanks

7 Answers
GP
Gianluca Pantaleo
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #14775

If I set Helix Ultimate as the default template it works and show me all the module position. But in my case I have another template set as default, and Helix Ultimate must be a non default template.

GP
Gianluca Pantaleo
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #14776

If I create faked modules and set their to the all module positions oh Helix Ultimate I can leave Helix Ultimate as not the default template and it show me all module position.

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #14778

Hello there,

Can you please give us some screenshots of which modules you are talking about that you cannot see in the builder?

Thanks!

GP
Gianluca Pantaleo
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #14779

<position>logo-left</position> <position>logo-right</position> <position>menu</position> <position>menu-right</position> <position>bottom-top1</position> <position>bottom-top2</position>

example: I can't find menu and menu-right position

GP
Gianluca Pantaleo
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #14788

In a nutshell: I create custom positions in the templateDetails.xml file. If the Helix ultimate template is set to default then I can select in the page builder all the custom positions I have just created, but if the template is not set to default the custom positions do not appear in the dropdown unless there are published modules positioned in the custom positions.

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #15007

Hello there,

I am afraid to say we do not help in code customization. There are 4 custom positions defined: user1, user2, user3, user4. You can use these custom positions and the pre-defined positions. These should be enough, I guess. No additional positions needed.

Thanks!

GP
Gianluca Pantaleo
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #15008

It's a bug, not a code customization needs.