SP Page Builder Frontend Editor Spins Indefinitely With Fixter On Joomla 6 - Question | JoomShaper

is live, now with multi-currency selling.

SP Page Builder Frontend Editor Spins Indefinitely With Fixter On Joomla 6

M

Mark

Template 4 weeks ago

I recently upgraded my staging website from Joomla 5 to Joomla 6. Since the upgrade, the SP Page Builder frontend editor/preview will not load when using the Fixter template. It displays the loading spinner indefinitely.

Environment:

Joomla: 6.1.3 SP Page Builder: 6.8.0 Fixter: 2.0.3 Helix Ultimate Framework: 2.2.10 PHP: 8.3.24 Staging URL: https://nebdri.cloudaccess.host/

Testing already completed:

SP Page Builder backend editor works normally. Existing pages display normally on the public frontend. Created a completely blank SP Page Builder test page — frontend editor still spins. Switched the default template from Fixter to Cassiopeia — SP Page Builder frontend editor works normally. Switched back to Fixter — frontend editor spins again. Browser console does not show a fatal JavaScript error. SPPB AJAX/XHR requests return HTTP 200. The edit_iframe request returns HTTP 200. Tested private/incognito browser session. Cleared Joomla and browser cache. JavaScript compression is OFF. CSS compression is OFF. Tested Compile SCSS to CSS OFF. Tested SP Page Builder “Hide Editor Modules” ON. No custom JavaScript is entered in Fixter Custom Code. No /templates/shaper_fixter/html/com_sppagebuilder/ override exists. No /templates/shaper_fixter/sppagebuilder/ addon override directory exists. /templates/shaper_fixter/overrides/ contains only index.html. Behaviour – Backward Compatibility was tested both enabled and disabled with no difference.

I also downloaded the current Fixter 2.0.3 template package and attempted to reinstall it. Joomla displayed this installer warning:

JInstaller::Install: File does not exist [ROOT][TMP]/.../template/en-GB.tpl_fixter.ini

The public site also appears to load more slowly with Fixter than expected.

Because the SP Page Builder frontend editor works immediately when Cassiopeia is the default template, this appears to be specific to Fixter/Helix after the Joomla 6 upgrade.

Could you please investigate whether there is a Fixter 2.0.3 compatibility/file issue causing the SP Page Builder 6.8.0 frontend editor iframe to fail to initialize under Joomla 6.1.3?

0
5 Answers
Atick Eashrak Shuvo
Atick Eashrak Shuvo
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 weeks ago #233281

Can I take a full backup of your site?

0
M
Mark
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #233397

Please, I've also tried Chrome and Safari and get the spinning. Any help is appreciated in resolving this as its very difficult finishing my site. Also, I just updated to the latest version of SP page builder.

Thank you, Mark

0
M
Mark
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #233402

Also, I backed up my site and create another staging enviroment on a different hosting platform and am still getting the same spinning/loading issue. I was able to save a page in SP page builder and view it, but when i went back to load the page, it just spins. It does not matter what page I load. It will load the home page at fist but If i refresh it will just spin. Is the issue with the template?

Thank you, Mark

0
Atick Eashrak Shuvo
Atick Eashrak Shuvo
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 weeks ago #233210

Apologies for the inconvenience. I have checked the website from my end, and the SP Page Builder frontend editor appears to be working correctly.

Could you please confirm whether you are experiencing the issue on a specific page? If possible, please share the affected page URL so we can investigate it further.

0
M
Mark
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #233280

Greetings, Im experiencing when I try to load the webiste and also when trying to edit any of the pages. It seems it only works breifly when i clear my browser cache. When I use Prostar as the default, the website loads and edits fine.
Thank you

0