Megamenu Problem - Question | JoomShaper

is live, now with multi-currency selling.

Megamenu Problem

GrafiekCC

GrafiekCC

Template 2 weeks ago

Hi,

I use ET-Kidtoy with hikashop.

I have a Mega Menu item (built with Helix Ultimate Menu Manager) with 4 columns, each containing a HikaShop Content Module (category listing). I'm running into strange behaviour:

  • On a fresh page load of the homepage (e.g. after a hard refresh, or opening the site in a new incognito window), the Mega Menu dropdown shows empty — no categories/products are visible when hovering over it.
  • If I first navigate to any product category page via the regular (non-mega) menu, and only then open the Mega Menu, the categories/products DO appear correctly.
  • Once they've appeared, they keep showing correctly on the homepage too, until the browser session/cache is cleared again.

What I've already checked:

  • Viewing page source on a fresh homepage load: the HikaShop module HTML (with all categories) IS present in the raw HTML returned by the server — so the data is there, it's not a backend/PHP issue.
  • No JavaScript errors appear in the browser console related to the menu or HikaShop.
  • No module-level caching option exists on the HikaShop Content Modules used in the mega menu, and Joomla's system page cache plugin is not enabled.
  • Inspecting the dropdown element while forcing the :hover state, one of the nested elements showed 0x0 computed width/height, suggesting a layout/rendering issue rather than a display:none.
  • The homepage itself is built with SP Page Builder and loads two extra JS files (common.js and dynamic-content.js) that are not loaded on regular category pages — possibly related, but unconfirmed.

My setup: Joomla, Helix Ultimate template, SP Page Builder for the homepage, HikaShop component for the shop.

Could you help me figure out why the Mega Menu content doesn't render on a fresh homepage load, but does render after navigating through a category page first?

Thanks in advance.

0
6 Answers
Ziaul Kabir
Ziaul Kabir
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 weeks ago #233769

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed information.

We’ve checked the Mega Menu and, on our side, the HikaShop content is loading and displaying correctly across the pages. I’ve attached a screenshot for reference.

Since the issue seems to occur only on the initial homepage load, could you please share a short screen recording showing the issue from a fresh/incognito session? This will help us investigate the difference more accurately.

Thanks!

0
GrafiekCC
GrafiekCC
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #233821

i see/i know, but if you choose one the following submenus the page is empty. i don't know how i provide you with an imagefile... so when visiting homepage and goes directly to megamenu-test and choose an submenu item (no mather what) the page is empty. do you go to menuitem shop first and choose for example categorieën>binnenspeelgoed you wil see all the products. After that; you go to megamenu-test again and choose any submenu the producs will shown. the problem is that if you go to the megamenu first also the products must been shown.

0
Ziaul Kabir
Ziaul Kabir
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 weeks ago #233866

Hello,

I can see that you are using a third-party template ET_Kidtoy and extensions Hika Shop. The URLs are also being generated differently due to the modules.

It’s possible that an override module or customization is causing this issue.

I recommend contacting the template/extension provider’s support team, as they will be more familiar with their structure and can help identify and resolve the issue.

Thanks.

0
GrafiekCC
GrafiekCC
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #233875

Hi, question: How can I send a video?

0
GrafiekCC
GrafiekCC
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #233876

Hi, i read your reaction now. Sorry. I will ask them.

0
Ziaul Kabir
Ziaul Kabir
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 weeks ago #233881

Thanks

0