Colour Changing After Updating Template - Question | JoomShaper

is live, now with multi-currency selling.

Colour Changing After Updating Template

MS

Martin Seidl

Template 1 week ago

Hi Team, I am really afraid of updating your templates (shaper hope 203), again some changes that I have to fix now. see https://www.fliegenpilz-ev.de/ The Home menu item, contact button and more are yellow now. Should this happen after an update? What to do now?

0
17 Answers
MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234372

I have changed the main preset colour now but this didnt help, I had to go to templeate files css>presets>preset1 and there change all the yellow styles into my color.....now it is fixed but it created again work for me and it was work on 2 levels: template styles and site templates, although viewing in cache free browser and deleting Joomla cache.

0
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234373

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. First, could you please let me know how you modified the styles of your current template?

If you added your custom CSS code inside templates/your_template/css/, your changes should remain intact after updating the template.

However, if you modified the template’s main CSS/SCSS files directly, those changes may be overwritten when you update the template.

Best regards,

Toufiqur Rahman (Team Lead, Support)

0
MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234374

ok got that, but shouldnt it be enouigh to change the preset color in the template styles? u r wright, today I changed the styles twice as I said, in the styles presets and directly in the file presest1.css

Now after your mentioning, I copied anpasted the complete preset1.css into custom.css but now evferathing is doubled. I expect that i dont have to do this and the only thing necessary should be to change the "Major color" in the template style presets, but this dindnt work out.

0
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234377

If you already overrided the compiled css code, then you should disable the compile scss to css.

https://prnt.sc/zV1ijNlmshqc

Even, you don't need to put your css code inside the custom.css file.

0
MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234379

You write: Even, you don't need to put your css code inside the custom.css file. But just changing the preset color in the major color didnt work???

0
MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234400

Can u answer this? And see this template: https://www.patlector.net/ same issue as above: there is a green in the links, button backround in the form and so on. What to do to get rid of this green color? In the preset1 styles this green is not there! In my preset the major color is #000; compile less to css is "yes"

0
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234401

If you edited the css file, then you should disable the less to css compile. Even you should keep a backup of your css files before update. Thanks

0
MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234403

Toufiq, the less to css is disabled "no". But still green is all over the website althought it is not in the preset colors I use.....can u exactly tell me waht to do?

0
MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234380

I am not using helix ultimate, I dont have this option in the template advanced settings. there is Compile LESS to CSS

0
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234391

Disable the less to css.

0
MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234402

I did, it didnt help!

0
MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234406

I need to mention one more detail: a {color: #007c83;} is acording to the ff inspector rooted in the file preset1.css:44 But if I go to this file in line 44 there this code is not there, this color is not even there one time in this file. see https://snipboard.io/H3esMB.jpg and https://snipboard.io/4DtBmX.jpg so where to find the place to remove green color from the template?

0
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234409

But, here is different.

https://prnt.sc/y06wfuD87dOL

0
MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234414

Ok u r writght, it was my browser cache this time. thnx. So to sum up:

  1. I change the template style preset major color
  2. I set "no" to Compile LESS to CSS in advance template style settings and no changes in custom.css or preset1.css, right?

and then changes should work or do I miss a step?

0
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234448

You’re on the right track. Just make sure to back up your edited files.

0
MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234458

Hi Toufiq, again here here similar issue with helix ultimate: https://www.medienpraevention.info Styles are not working: In module pos17 "Über mich" the h3 headline is white color but should be blue for example. I havent changed anything except updating the template. In saving teplate styles creates error undefined.

.blueTitle h3.sp-module-title { color: #1E0CF0; }

0
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234459

https://prnt.sc/eTcKTjOBeqPn

Please use !important

0