EasyStore 3.0.1 – Save / Save & Close Not Working On Joomla 6.1.3 - Question | JoomShaper

is live, now with multi-currency selling.

EasyStore 3.0.1 – Save / Save & Close Not Working On Joomla 6.1.3

Andreas

Andreas

EasyStore 1 week ago

Hi, I believe I have found an issue with saving products in EasyStore 3.0.1 on Joomla 6.1.3.

When editing a product, both Save and Save & Close do nothing. There is no visible error, no error in the browser console, and no request is sent to the server.

I did some debugging and found the following:

  • The toolbar uses the correct task: product.apply
  • Joomla.submitbutton('product.apply') is called and completes without throwing an error
  • Joomla's normal form validation returns true
  • However, the hidden task field is never set and the form is never submitted
  • If I manually set the task to product.apply and submit #item-form directly, the product saves correctly

So the backend, database and product.apply task itself appear to work correctly. The problem seems to occur in the JavaScript submit/validation flow before the form is submitted.

I traced this further to EasyStore's admin.js, where EasyStore overrides/handles the Joomla submit process and performs its own validation. It appears that this validation can stop the submit process silently, even though Joomla's form validation considers the form valid.

As a test, I made a small modification to admin.js which allows the normal Joomla submit to continue in this situation. After replacing the file and clearing the browser cache, Save works again normally.

I am not suggesting that this should be used as an official fix, as bypassing part of EasyStore's internal validation may have side effects. I am only providing the modified file so you can see exactly what I changed and hopefully identify the underlying problem.

I have uploaded the test file/patch to my server. The download URL is included below as hidden content.

Thanks for taking a look!

0
6 Answers
Ziaul Kabir
Ziaul Kabir
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 5 days ago #234465

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for the detailed information.

We have tested EasyStore 3.0.1 with Joomla 6.1.3 on our end, but we have not been able to reproduce the issue you reported.

Could you please provide us with a screenshot or short screen recording showing the issue when clicking Save or Save & Close while editing a product? This will help us better understand and reproduce the issue on our end.

Thank you.

0
U
Uwe
Accepted Answer
5 days ago #234486

Hello Ziaul Kabir, I have the same problem. Version 3.0 works without issues. After updating to 3.01, it is no longer possible to save a new product, use "Save & New," or save as a copy. There are no system messages or error messages. However, the "Close" function does work!

0
Andreas
Andreas
Accepted Answer
5 days ago #234485

Hi Ziaul,
Thank you for getting back to me. I have managed to resolve the issue now, so everything is working correctly again.

If the same issue appears again, or if you receive similar reports from other users, I’ll be happy to provide more information about what I changed.

0
U
Uwe
Accepted Answer
5 days ago #234487

Hi Andreas, I read your post, I'm having the same problem. Version 3.0 works perfectly, but with version 3.01, just like you, nothing works except "Close". Is your workaround complicated? I'd appreciate a quick explanation. Greetings from Germany, Uwe

0
Ziaul Kabir
Ziaul Kabir
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 days ago #234502

Hello Uwe,

When you edit the page and click Save, could you please check whether any required field is empty or missing?

Please make sure all required fields are filled in before saving.

Thanks.

0
Andreas
Andreas
Accepted Answer
4 days ago #234524

Hi Uwe,

The workaround is very simple.

Open: /media/com_easystore/js/app/admin.js

Find this part:

if (!valid) {
    return;
}

Change to:

if (!valid) {
}

Remove the return; so EasyStore doesn't stop the submit process when its internal validation returns false. (may also work with remove of the whole code).

Then save the file and do a hard refresh in the browser (Ctrl+F5).

After this, Save and Save & Close work normally for me.

Make a backup of the original admin.js first. This is only a temporary workaround until JoomShaper fixes the underlying issue.

Greetings from Sweden! Andreas

0