Article Addon Sort Order - Question | JoomShaper

Article Addon Sort Order

PS

Paul Seyler

Extension 2 years ago

I am using the articles addon in several places on my site - however need to either manually sort the articles or change the sort order to article/category order. Each of the articles I have are products that need to go in product model order. I see I can only choose from select options to sort the article - but how is article/category order not an option since it is part of Joomla core. Does someone have a fix?

7 Answers
Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #21695

Hello

Thank you for your query. Have you tried the methods here: Article order

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #21696

Also, can you try the solution here please: Forum link

Please try using the code provided and do let me know if that works.

PS
Paul Seyler
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #21697

I reviewed those links but I still don't think either option solves the issue. I have already ordered my articles manually in Joomla to how I want them to appear. But there is not a selection in the addon to sort by article order.

Screenshot: ![(https://res.cloudinary.com/marketingmaven/image/upload/v1624033910/ArticleOrder_b2i4sl.png)]

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #22096

Thank you for the screenshot. Our Senior Agent will look into the issue, please allow us some time, appreciate your patience & cooperation.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #22147

Hi there,

The article addon has ordering option. You can use the ordering option.

Screenshot at Jun 23 15-51-52.png

-Thanks

PS
Paul Seyler
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #22167

This is not article or category order. Shouldn't there be an option to manually order them or let the order of the articles in joomla dictate the order of the display in the addon.

Sorting by: Oldest, Popular,Featured, Alphabetical doesn't help. I see alot of people have the same request for an article order or manual order.... is this a possible update to the plugin?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #22172

Hi there, Currently the article order feature doesn't exist inside the page builder. We will try to add this feature in Page Builder 4. Thanks