Preloader - Question | JoomShaper

Preloader

G

GarageCentraal

General 2 years ago

Hi,

Since one of the latest updates for Joomla, sometimes when I go into a page on the website the page remains stuck in the preloader. This happens on random occasions, but not infrequently.

I am using SP Page Builder Pro on the site, and for templates I use both Helix 3 and Helix Ultimate

Please advice.

Rgds,

Rodney

8 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #34220

Hi, right now when I tested site was loading OK...

but in generaL, PRELOADER is not recommned by Google anymore. It may even lower the grade in Mobile Speed Test.

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #34218

Hello there,

As you are using both Helix3 and Helix Ultimate, which version of Helix Ultimate are you using?

If you are using Helx Ultimate 2.x.x version, please rollback to the older version as the latest framework is not compatible with Helix3 yet.

Thanks!

G
GarageCentraal
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34331

Hi,

Disbling the preloader would avoid the need to rollback Helix Ultimate as recommended by Muntasir? And if not, please indicate the proper procedure to rollback Helix Ultimate.

Also, are both templates as well as Page Builder ready to transition to Joomla 4 already?

Rgds,

Rodney

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #34761

Hello there,

Please download the older version from here and install it manually.

Thanks!

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #34770

About Joomla 4.x -- if you don't have upgrade fast, I suggest to wait few months until all Joomla core bugs would be fixed. As may not know, J3.10 have support till 2023.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34771

and for templates I use both Helix 3 and Helix Ultimate

My five cents. It can not be used on the same site, since the conflict between Helix 3 Plugin and Helix Ultimate Plugin

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #34774

yes, that's why we always recommend one thing: UNINSTALL TEMPLATES, EXTENSIONS (PLUGINS, MODULES) that you don't use. Don't make your website like a closet where you store things.

G
GarageCentraal
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34841

Hi,

Thank you for all your input. Your comments makes me think it might be better to use one template on the whole site. To be honest the fact is that I implemented Helix Ultimate in a specific portion of the site to test it before rolling it on the entirety of ther site. On one side it is an awesome template. However there were some issues with the logo portion. When I tried to have a different logo on a different style on a Helix Ultimate template, it did not show the logo I was requesting, and is a logo that displayed correctly in the Helix3 version.

So now that I have the version of Helix Ultimate that does not clash with the Helix3 one, I will try once again to create all styles within the site in Helix Ultimate. If that goes well I will be able to then uninstall Helix3 and upgrade Ultimate to the latest version, looking towards a future, more stable Joomla 4 implementation so I can upgrade.

Thank you all once again. If you have any further suggestion please do not hesitate to let me know.

Rgds,

Rodney