Bootstrap - Question | JoomShaper

Bootstrap

Tobias

Tobias

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hello, everyone,

I have a very strange question. I work with components that Bootstrap 5 cannot do anything. Is it possible to set a different bootstrap version in the Helix 2? I firmly believe that my problems have something to do with it.

Best regards Tobias

4 Answers
Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #34208

Hello Tobias,

I am extremely sorry to say but you cannot use another Bootstrap version with Helix Ultimate 2.x.x version.

Thanks!

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34210

Hi. Did you learn Bootstrap 5 doc? In Botstrap 5 the data attributes have changed for interactive components from data-toggle to data-bs-toggle. If you use outdated data attributes, you just need to be replaced with new ones.

Theoretically, you can install Bootstrap 4 if you rename all bootstrap 5 CSS and JS files and add the connection of Bootstrap 4 through the custom template fields. But I do not know what it will lead to. And updating the template will erase all changes. Therefore, you better deal with the working capacity of your components based on Bootstrap 5.

Tobias
Tobias
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34217

Thanks for the answers. I will rethink!

Best regards Tobias

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #34223

BTW

If you have problems with components - just ask its developers to wake up, Boostrap 5 is the current one. It's also recommended for J4. Legacy is like Duct Tape fix, OK for short period.