Articles And Categories With SP Page Builder - Question | JoomShaper

Articles And Categories With SP Page Builder

OJ

Oliver Johnson

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

I feel like either I don't understand something properly or Page Builder isn't working as it should.

If I create a page in Page Builder, i.e. within the Page Builder component, then I can create a menu item for it and edit it in PB from the front end as you would expect.

If, however, I create an article using the PB editor in the back end, I can't see the changes I make live in the editor, you just see the rows and elements as you would expect. However even if I preview the page, whilst I can then see my article and any changes, I still can't edit it live in the preview. Even if I publish the page and view it in the front end, I don't have the option to edit the page in PB, just in the default system editor.

So it looks like the only way to edit an article in PB is to:

1. Create article in back end using PB editor
  2. Publish the article
  3. Open a new browser window and view the published page from the front end
  4. Switch back to the editor in the backend
  5. Make changes and save
  6. Switch to other browser tab and refresh the page
  7. Repeat until you are happy with the layout.

Is that really how it works? Why can't you edit from the front end?

The category system with PB is just for organisational purposes so it's not even as if I could recreate all my article categories in PB and publish a menu link to the PB Category instead, thus allowing both front and back end editing.

4 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #35615

Hi there!

The following blog may help you:

https://www.joomshaper.com/blog/beautify-your-joomla-blog-posts-with-sp-page-builder

And yes, the categories of SP Page Builder are not same as the categories of your Joomla articles.

Best Regards

OJ
Oliver Johnson
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35620

Hi, thank you for that. However the blog mentions that you can edit an article from the front end, but I do not have that option. I've enabled the Joomla integration but it won't let me edit articles from the front end, only stand alone pages created in the PB component.

OJ
Oliver Johnson
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35662

Just realised the account details I provided where incorrect. The account should now work.

OJ
Oliver Johnson
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35797

Still cannot edit articles from the front end. Tried clearing site cache, browser cache and used a different browser. Still nothing.