SP PAGE BUILDER PRO NOT SAVING FROM FRONTEND EDITOR - Question | JoomShaper

SP PAGE BUILDER PRO NOT SAVING FROM FRONTEND EDITOR

EL

edouard leclercq

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

Hi,

I think I have the same problem as some other users of SP Page Builder pro on Joomla 4.0.3.

Episode 1 : When I click SAVE from front-end editor, I have a message saying page is saved but when I'm back to my page in the backend, nothing has been saved and all my new work is lost. only backend editor is ok (but not convenient at all). SO... I tried this on a brand new J4.0.3 site with nothing else except akeeba backup pro. Everything went fine until I decide to link a page to a joomla menu item.

Episode 2 : I've just found that if I click on SAVE from frontend editor and then look at the backend editor tab on my browser(chrome or firefox), then no modification had been taken into account EXCEPT IF I click on the page refresh circle arrow of my browser for that backend tab !!!. Like a miracle, instantly all modifications are transfered on backend editor so that everything can be saved. TO sum-up, the save button from frontend editor should actualize the backend editor browser tab.

Questions aside :

Is it normal that if from the backend editor you click on the "frontend editor" button, a new tab on the browser appears for that frontend ? I saw also the "close" button from frontend editor only closing the left blue editor pane but not closing the entire frontend tab. Is it a normal behavior ? If I remember the first time I tried this "close" button, the tab dissapeared and all new editions appeared back in the backend editor ready to be saved or maybe allready saved.

Hope It helps or you could help me. I'm using last chrome and no helix3 or other framework had been used on the new "test" nude website. I directly installed the SP PB Pro.

Best regards, Ed

9 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #36979

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon.

Note: Please keep a backup of your site before providing me administrator access.

-Thanks

A
axesspoint
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #37599

Same issues here!

A
axesspoint
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #37600

Hello so it seems my changes are saving on back end but they are not taking on the live site.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #37708

@axesspoint Please contact your hosting provider and tell them to unblock the firewall to load resource of Page Builder.

A
axesspoint
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38660

Hi Toufiq,

Thanks for you response. I turned the firewall off by I still cant save. It shows as saved on the editor and on the backend but when I refresh my browser it doesn't change. I mean, I've seen it eventually change but when it does, its after a long while.

What could it be?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #38781

Nothing changed

https://prnt.sc/1wl2fmi

Steve
Steve
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #42173

I have had the same issues: PB does not save changes in the frontpage editor. Changes in the backend habe been saved. The solution is to disable Javascript compression in the template settings. Greetings Steve

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #42179

@Steve Please create new forum post. Thanks

M
mohamed
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151888

same problem here