Saving After Editing does Not Save In All Areas Of The New Clean Install Joomla 4 Helix Ultimate / SP JoomShaper Pro - Question | JoomShaper

Saving After Editing does Not Save In All Areas Of The New Clean Install Joomla 4 Helix Ultimate / SP JoomShaper Pro

Greg Owens

Greg Owens

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

I'm happy to say that I'm a new customer. I've done a bit of searching and am most likely not asking the right questions or describing everything accurately. Please accept my apology.

My question is this. I purchased a 3 license Agency SP Joomshaper Pro subscriptiona day ago. I downloaded the quick lauch pack and SP Joomshaper Pro yesterday and it installed with no errors beautifully.

I was editing the Coming Soon message and count down date for the timer, I could type in and make edits and when I clicked on Save, the spinner was already spinning before clicking on save. Seems the spinner started when I started making any changes BEFORE I clicked on the Save Button.

I got this exact message: "Errorundefined" and It was highlighted in red AND also got a second message at the exact SAME time in a green highlight saying "Saved successfully" message, After a few seconds the spinner stops and when I look at my edits that I just tried to save, they had changed back to the default original message you see when you first open the Coming Soon area. Nothing is saving ...EXCEPT. On the Home page I did make a few edits and they HAVE SAVED correctly.

Has anyone had this happen? This is a new install as of yesterday using the Helix ulitima template.

I also realized earlier today that I did not have SP Joomshaper Pro Bundled in the download. I then installed the pro version after realizing that I could not see the License Tab where you put in your email address and 32 digit license number. So...using the admin Extensions Install like any other extension I installed over the top of the SP lite version with the Pro version successfully without any errors or error messages. I applied the License because the tab for License now appeared and it has been installed and saved. Domain name has been added to dashboard on Joomshaper and visible in my account JoomShaper dashboard.

Any ideas as to what is going on? It appears that anything I change is not saved except for some of the text I was using on the front end using the front end editor. That did save but that is it so far.

I'm seeing this message when I'm trying to make edits to customize the Coming Soon page. I have an Akeeba backup of my site and then updated to Joomla 4.0.4 as the last thing I did, cleared my Cache several times, totally shut down my browser and cleared my cache again and the problem still happens. I'm the Super User. I'm sure I'm missing data.

21 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #45090

Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #44835

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please capture a screencast video about the full scenario. Besides, Please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue. I will check & get back to you soon.

-Thanks

Greg Owens
Greg Owens
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #44864

Here is screencast to view this issue. https://www.screencast.com/t/G5eIxJMV

Greg Owens
Greg Owens
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #45003

Hello Toufiq, Please send your last message because it is no longer readable by me. Regards, Greg Owens.

Greg Owens
Greg Owens
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #45004

Please resend your last message.

Greg Owens
Greg Owens
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #45154

Hello Toufiq, thank you for getting back to me. I apriciate you. I have posted new SU credentials in HIdden Content. Greg

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #45207

I have checked your site using our hosting and it works fine. Will you please check & let me know. I think the problem comes from your server. Thanks

Greg Owens
Greg Owens
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #45379

Hi Toufiq, I have viewed and tested on joomshaper.com testing environment (the link that you provided) along with using your credentials to log in with that you created.

You stated that you think it is because of my server configuration and that when you tried to reproduced my issue in your test environment, that you said that you see that everything is fine. It made me think that maybe it is my server. I'm going to make an assuption that your test server is setup optimally, yet I still experience the original issue, even on your test server.

My original issue is still happening. My edits are not being saved. Please advise as soon as possible. I'm very willing to do a remote session with you to try and troubleshoot. Please let me know as soon as possible so that we can arrange a mutual time to connect this way if possible.

Regards, Greg Owens

Greg Owens
Greg Owens
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #45380

This is another duplicate of my reply. deleting this entry. Please read hidden comments. The original issue is still happening even on your test server. Greg

Greg Owens
Greg Owens
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #45381

I'm deleting duplicate entry.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #45470

Please ignore to use offline mode while you are using the comming soon option. Besides, There wasn't any header selected. Now check again & let me know. Thanks

Greg Owens
Greg Owens
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #45552

I believe that as far as I can test in the areas I have tested I want to inform everyone that the original issues have all been addressed.

I am waiting for Toufiq to provide a post mortum of what changed to make it work perfectly now to where I can attest this is resolved in these areas I first reported.

When I know what changed to fix this I will say it is all fixed. I still need to know so that I can address this in my own environment rather than in this test environment.

Thank you Toufiq! I am looking forward to your reply.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #45637

Hi Greg,

I have alternative idea that you can use for Coming Soon page instead of Helix settings, which are very basic. It's much more flexible solution, I use it many times in the past.

1. Create Coming Soon page in SP Page Builder - use counting down addon, and other needed addons.
  2. Create a new menu position - for example - name it "soon".
  3. Make this page default for your website
  4. Should have Public or Guest access
  5. Now whole rest menu items set as "Registred" access
  6. You can add login link / module somewhere or just set "Shared Sessions: Yes" in Joomla Global Configuration.
  7. Later after all customization steps, just change default home page and disable "soon", and make all menu items for Public again.
  8. Comming soon is just temporary page only, so hour +/- does not make such a difference. This is not a promotion website, where you have think about all time zones in US. Here in EU we have easier life, only -/+1h in most cases.
  9. You can also use custom CSS to hide header (with logo = menu) from "soon" page only.

Why I suggested this, becuase I have feeling that this is not the most important task that you have to do on your website. (Don't get me wrong, but I saw how many time you already spend on this topic). And Yes, I agree that we have to add more options in Helix in the future.

Greg Owens
Greg Owens
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #45770

Hi Paul,

I think your alternative idea for a workaround for the Coming Soon feature its and Excellent contribution. I totally agree that it would offer additional flexibility. I want to thank you for offering this valuable information. Thank you!

I want to give kudos to Toufiq in helping me. Toufiq did a STELLAR job in getting things to work in Joomshapers test environment. Toufiq stated that he believed / or thought that the issues were due to my server configuration for and that my server needed to be tweaked. However for security reasons, I will list my next steps in the Hidden Content area of this reply. I'm sure you understand.

I feel that I've created more problems for myself and for JoomShaper support unnecessarily and the PERCEPTION that it was NOT my Fault, when it fact it was and something I could control and for that I humbly apologize for the unnecessary wasted time spent in creating this ticket. (Hanging my head low, shoulders down, walk of shame).

** For those reading this. If you have the similar issues of Not Being able to SAVE your Edits, or new to all of this? PLEASE read the JoomShaper Technical Requirements https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/sp-page-builder/sp-page-builder-3#if-you-cannot-load-page-templates-or-sections-library-or-use-front-end-editor-span-class-h4-br-span You will save yourself and JoomShaper Support A LOT of Time.

Again, Toufiq, thank you for your patience I apologize for making you go through this. Paul Frankowski, thank you too! I appreciate your valuable suggestions and workaround for the Coming Soon page/module/feature.

Please accept my apology. I'm learning and growing. Lets close this ticket and mark it resolved.

Warm Regards, Greg Owens

Greg Owens
Greg Owens
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #45773

Notes added in Hidden Content .

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #45818

You're welcome.

If you need help with a different area (design, addons ettings etc.) - just create a new topic - with pleasure we will try to help by answer or link to docs.

BTW

On my YT channel you can find few guides as well : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVFT0p3FPAPSv1l6PoxaRQ

Greg Owens
Greg Owens
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69042

ISSUE: Front End Editor is not saving edits which a make a text change, then go click on Save and nothing happens. Usually there is a Spinner that appears and it no longer does and the only option is to close the front end editor.

On Joomshaper 5-16-2022: Hello again, Date: 16-5-2022 US 5-16-2022. I am now having a similar experience/behavior as my issue that this first happened about 5-6 Months ago on a different domain name. The domain is a different one than what I originally posted.

The issue 5 months ago was that Mod_Security was turned on. An Exception was made and it resolved the issue. I have since checked with my hosting provider to make sure that a Mod_Security exception rule is in place as of yesterday afternoon. I wanted to make sure before posting again to save time.

I am using Joomla! 4.1.3 Stable [ Kuamini ] 10-May-2022 16:00 GMT SP JoomShaper Pro version 3.8.6 PHP Version 7.4.29

Steps to Reproduce the behavior are as follows:

1. Navigate in your browser to https://www.mydomain.com/administrator/index.php See domain name in Hidden area for JoomShaper Support.
  2. Login with the credentials: located in hidden area for JoomShaper Support
  3. a Click on login
  4. This will take you to the Home Dashboard of the Joomla 4.1.3 version of the site. Note This website is one of the Websites that I have requested a Mod Security exception rule for this Domain in a previous ticket that is closed sometime last year in Nov 2021. (The reason for the Rule is because edits within JoomShaper Pro require this exception so that edits would be saved). After the exception rule was made, I had no issues saving edits. Before the exception I could not save edits.
  5. On the left hand side of the Dashboard, the 3rd menu item down you will see the Components Menu. Click on Components and the sub menu will appear.
  6. Click on SP Page Builder Pro towards the bottom it's the 3rd menu from the bottom.
  7. The menu will expand down, and Pages will be displayed.
  8. Click on Pages
  9. This brings up the listing of web pages that have been created in SP Page Builder Pro.
  10. Scroll down to find the page titled COMPARE. As you scroll down, each page has two (2) links titled (Preview and Front End Editor). 10 Click on Front End Editor link that has a blue background. When you do a new tab will open up that page.
  11. Since the website is password protected,... you will login again with the above credentials as listed in #2 Step above.
  12. Enter the Login information, You might need to enter the credentials twice before it lets you move forward to show the page.
  13. Below the image at the top of the COMPARE page, there is a Heading that states the following: Benefits Of Selling Your Home Directly Vs Paying An Agent .
  14. Move your mouse / hover over the words, Benefits Of Selling Your Home Directly Vs Paying An Agent. When you do this, a GREEN BOX will appear, If you move off of the words listed above the green box will disappear.
  15. With you mouse hovered over the green box, a menu appears that has the edit button in the shape of a pencil.
  16. Click on the green Pencil Icon. It is the second icon from the left.
  17. A edit menu will appear and you will see the text Benefits Of Selling Your Home Directly Vs Paying An Agent Make an edit to this at the far right by typing the word "Test" to the end / right of the word Agent. It should now read as follows: (Benefits Of Selling Your Home Directly Vs Paying An Agent Test) over on the page to the right. All is well so far at this time.
  18. Look at the bottom of the menu screen on the left, you will see a Blue button with the word Save on it to save the edit that you just made.
  19. Since I've tried this in Google Chrome, and FireFox. The behavior that I see causes the page to go a blank white page that says Restricted Access in the upper left of the blank white page, with the URL that says the following: https://www.mydomain.com/component/sppagebuilder/?id=15. Please note, this happened one time and I've not been able to reproduce it. This behavior is idiopathic, meaning I've only seen this when typing out these steps. There is a session timer it seems that if you take too long to make an edit or move your mouse, YOU WILL be logged out of the backend Dashboard and the tab Frontend Editor page of COMPARE. iF IT DOES NOT HAPPEN TO YOU, then good for you. I put this in as a side bar for observation should it happen to you.

**Please note, If you wait too long to Save you WILL BE LOGGED out of both the Administrative backend and the Front End that lets you make edits in real time aka the Visual Editor on the Front End and Back End. Thus, you will be required to login again and navigate back all over again. Seems like the session is timing out very quickly, Normally you have about 5 minutes to make an edit. Normally.... I save very often to circumvent the session timeout. its frustrating to say the least.

1. The normal behavior is for a rotating spinner to appear over the Save Button. It is no longer appearing (the rotating spinner), any longer when the Save is clicked. Now, the page just sits there.
  2. The only thing to do at this juncture is to click on the Close Button. and When you do, the Front End Tab of COMPARE of your browser page Tab will close, The edit of adding the word Test, will be observed as not being saved to this page. if you go back to the URL of the domain name, click on COMPARE in the Menu.
  3. The backend dashboard is still open that shows the pages of the website within SP PageBuilder Pro in the Admin dashboard. If you click on any other area with the Backend Dashboard, you will be logged out.

***Please note The following information is from a ticket I made yesterday 15-5-2022 to verify that the Mod_Security Rules were indeed made for all of my domains that have SP JoomShaper Pro installed.

This is why I "think" a Mod Security Rule may be in question for this Domain as well as my other customers websites that have JoomShaper Pro installed. Should the Mod Security Rule "exception" be intact I need to know so that I can present this issue with the Developers at JoomShaper.com/forum or Helpdesk. This has happened in the past with ALL websites that Have SP JoomShaper Pro installed in my reseller environment, Making request to have an exception rule to Mod security immediately fixed this issue in the page and as noted in previous closed ticket for this domain as well as others.

There are 4 closed Tickets with Mod Security exeptions for other domains that have SP JoomShaper Pro installed, The tickets are Requsting that exception Rules for Mod Security be made for different domains. For the last several months there have not been any issues with any of these other domains for a long time. The Exception rules have been and are working.

My Hosting provider confirmed with the Following: See in Hidden Content

Greg Owens
Greg Owens
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69043

Please see hidden content... I have to evacuate my building due to gas leak.

5:04 PM MST, I'm back online working from Laptop now.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #69255

Hi Greg,

I am glad that you are safe again. Sorry for delay with respond.

Thanks for access, I will check

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #69261

I tested page "Compare" as you asked.

Back-end editor

• I was able to make changes in addon settings and Heading content (no worry!)
  • Save process was smooth and fast - changes were visible

Front-end editor -- indeed was a problem with saving... but it was caused by JS compression from Helix Ultimate Template options, when it's disabled - all works, you can save again.

I also enabled compression in JCH Optimize - and hopefully front-end editor still works.

Conclusion: please do not use JS compression from Helix, thx. JCH Optimize is better in that job.

Greg Owens
Greg Owens
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69265

Hi Paul, I have duplicated your results in the back end and front end by turning on js compression and test. On, no joy. Off it saves fast. Thank you for enabling compression in JCH Optimize. I had just installed it and had to leave for a long meeting and did not configure it. I apriciate you. Thank you! -Greg