Joomla 4 Smart Search And SP Page Builder Inside Articles - Question | JoomShaper

Joomla 4 Smart Search And SP Page Builder Inside Articles

PS

Paul Scarnegie

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

Running Joomla 4.0.4, Helix Ultimate 2.0.5 and Page Builder 3.8.1.

The Smart Search - SP Page Builder plug in is enabled. All content is created using the SP Page Builder from within Joomla Articles.

The Smart Search index was cleared and reindexed. There are no filters, and the Content Maps includes literally everything. According to the Content Maps, all the content is being indexed.

Search results pages STILL only show the Title of the article. It does NOT include any of the page content descriptions even though that is clearly enabled in the options.

Now if the article is created completely in the Page Builder Component, then amazingly that content gets properly displayed with both a title AND description ...

... so OBVIOUSLY we're not asking for something that can't be done. It's already BEEN done - just only on articles created specifically in the Page Builder Component, which IMHO is way too combersome and unuseable. However the Page Builder Plugin used inside a Joomla article is far more user friendly and manageable - and it truely is a GREAT product as an addition to Joomla articles.

Why is this still an issue in Joomla 4?? This has been complained about for years. You've had plenty of time to correct this going into J4 and it's obvious that your avoidance of a solution is on purpose. It is clearly NOT a limitation of the platform or of the CMS.

8 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #46784

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

-Thanks

PS
Paul Scarnegie
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #46810

Information provided within the Hidden Content section.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #46915

Might be your site is danger for me. Please check the screenshot. Thanks

PS
Paul Scarnegie
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #46984

Toufiq,

Your prnt.sc image isn't being displayed at that link. But I think what you might be referring to is an SSL issue I've got. The DEV site wasn't included in the original SSL certificate so the browser might throw up a warning about accessing the page. I haven't reissued the Cert yet, so I've just been accepting the warning and loading the page. It's just the browser being overly cautious.

PS
Paul Scarnegie
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #46986

I responded to the wrong issue thread. This one is just for the Smart Search problem. Sorry for the confusion.

I am still however waiting on a solution for why the smart search results - the short page desription copy - only work when the pages are made in the PageBuilder component and NOT when you use the PageBuilder plugin from with an actual Joomla article.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #47087

Please check the screenshot

PS
Paul Scarnegie
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #47126

Toufiq, Yes that is correct, however as noted before I don't have the SSL certificate set up for subdomains so that will be the message that you're going to get. Just click on the Advanced button and click continue. It's just Google being overly sensitive.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #47139

It's not safe for me. Will you please contact your hosting provider why occurred this issue. Thanks