Unable To Complete The Instagram Access Token Process - Question | JoomShaper

Unable To Complete The Instagram Access Token Process

J

Jordan

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

Hello, I am using SP Page Builder 3.8.3 on Joomla 3.10.4.

I am trying to setup the Instagram integration on my website. I went through the process found in this documentation but it appears with the latest Facebook v12 API, things have changed.

I setup the app as instructed but when I try to generate a token, I get the following error:

"Can't Load URL The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and subdomains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings."

So, I go back into the app within Facebook developer and added my domain, blue-paw.com to the app domains list and saved it. However, Facebook's API still kicks it back.

Has anyone else experienced this and perhaps might have a solution?

5 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #52897

I am familiar with this issue. The solution is given below:

1. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps
  2. On your app, go to Facebook Login -> Settings
  3. Add Valid OAuth Redirect URIs
  4. Now in SP Page Builder settings, generate Access Token

If you are still confused about it, then check my video's PIN COMMENT on YouTube. If you follow the same process, then it should work. Many users reported that this method worked for them.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #52588

Hello Jordan

I hope that you have followed my tutorial video. Please follow this forum post and the accepted answer. Hopefully, it will solve your issue.

Best regards

J
Jordan
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #52740

Hi Ofi,

It appears the instructions found in your documentation and video are now outdated with the latest platform release on developer.

Here is the message I am now getting. I even tried specifying a domain in the app and it still does not work.

https://paste.pics/FOHEO

J
Jordan
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #52980

I got it to work! So here's the steps I followed in the Facebook Developer site:

1. Create a new app with App Type = "None"
  2. Associate the App to the appropriate page (or create one as mentioned).
  3. On the App Dashboard, add "Facebook Login" product.
  4. Within the Facebook Login product, in the oAuth Redirect URI, use the following URL and replace with your domain: https://your-domain.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&task=instagram.accessToken
  5. Afterwards, grab the App ID and Secret from the "Settings" menu within the app on the Developer website and plug it into SP Page Builder's fields in Global Configuration.
  6. Generate the token.
  7. You should then be able to login and associate the proper Business (Professional) Instagram account.
  8. Add the Instagram gallery to a page and test on your site.

One thing to note, your video shows the older UI for Facebook Apps, so it might be worthwhile to re-shoot it and update the documentation?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #53054

Thank you so much for your explanation. It will be helpful. Yes, Facebook Developer Community changed the app type and UI after my tutorial. I will consider re-shooting.

I have a humble request. It would be very kind of you if you can manage some moment to give us feedback on Joomla Extension Directory. This will inspire us to improve.