Update To 3.8.8 Breaks My Page - Question | JoomShaper

Update To 3.8.8 Breaks My Page

K

kweb

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Hi there, I have a site ready on J4. It`ss looking correctly like this one:

Correct Page

The last thing I did was upgrading the page builder from 3.8.6 to 3.8.8. And now I noticed that the update breaks my page. Its now looking like this:

Bad Page

Can you help me out what is causing this problem?

19 Answers
TV
Tim v.d.w
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #80953

same Problem here, after updating to 3.8.8 interactions doesn´t work anymore, animated numbers also and some styles are crashed. please fix.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #81319

Hi kweb,

Thanks for contacting us. Could you please give me a screenshot of it? Or please mention exactly which portion you page is bad. Because it seems ok on my end.

-Regards.

K
kweb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #81813

Hello, just compare the good with the bad site and you see a lot of differences:

The text in the slider is broken. There is a background image in the welcome section that was not set before There is a grey filter over the section "Unser Spontanservice" at the bottom of the page

The rest seems okay.

kweb

K
kweb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #82278

Hello, is your support team only busy developing version 4? The response time are increased by days since 3 months. Would be good if you are still interested helping paying existing customers.

kweb

K
kweb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #83571

I am completly speechless. No support - buggy product - noone cares. Doesent matter if Im customer since years. I have the same issue also on an other site. Update to latest SPPB: Page broken.

https://rennsteigbahn.de/rennsteigbahn/

Can you please build up a non-buggy version or help your customers with support?

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #83573

Really sorry for this inconvenience. I will inform our team.

K
kweb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #83673

Here your next comparision:

Page Builder 3.8.6 - all okay https://rennsteigbahn.de/rennsteigbahn/neu

Page Builder 3.8.8 update - all broken https://rennsteigbahn.de/rennsteigbahn/

There is defnetly something wrong with your version.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #83748

Hello kweb

Apology for the inconvenience. Sorry, your given credentials do not match. Please check and share again.

Best regards

K
kweb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #83774

Hi, sorry - please try again now.

K
kweb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #84319

Hello, hello? 3 weeks receiving this problem right now...

K
kweb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #85513

Another week past - still no support for paying customers.

G
Ginius
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #85515

Kweb, meby I can help you.

If you like: you can send logincredentials to my mailbox: [email protected]

Also the proper login.

Best regards,

Arjen

K
kweb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #85628

Hi Ginius, thank you for your offer. Im thinking about it - but in fact and my opinion - its Joomshapers job to help their paying customers solving problems with their bugs. I cannot understand how bad the support is going to be here. Since the developement of J4 the support is getting worse and worse. I have the feeling they dont mind for customers who still use Version 3 - cause they are too busy to solve alle the J4 bugs.

G
Ginius
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #85648

Hi Kweb. Understand. But sometimes it is not the fault of Joomshaper, but a plugin. For that reason I like to help you.

Looks like support is slow at JoomShaper, but I guess they are working on it. Some communication would be helpful.

As Joomler, I always like to help others. So the offer still stays.

@Joomshaper, it would be nice if you communicate the status to @kweb. If a customer is compaining about response time, then in his opinion there is something wrong. Please keep up the communication. Even if it is a bug and solved in the next release, communicate. Silence communication will eventually lose valuable customers.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #85726

Apologies guys, for the delay in response. We are also human. We are trying our very best to serve you sooner.

kweb

Please share your issue with screenshots and share the pages again (currently 404). I would check the issues.

K
kweb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #85819

@Ofi Khan,

sorry but I have to ask: Is this a joke?

if you would follow this threat exactly you would see that I made a lot of pre-work for you to understand the issue. If you follow my first post you would see that I have createt a staging site, where you can have a look to and compare it to the non-working site. If you would follow the threat further you would see that I have posted 2 more screenshots additional to it. I also posted the login credits for both sites.

Sorry but I dont know how much pre-work a user can do than me in this threat.

The other page is offline because I had to get this site started (with an old page builder) and I could not let 2 installations run on this server for another 3 weeks and wait here for an answer

I understand your point that "you are all humans" but if I would let my customer wait for 4 weeks for a solving a problem what would he do? Right - he would quit. So if this is a organisation problem and you guys are just to busy to do a good support job, you should forward this ticket to your CEO and ask him what is going wrong with JS at the moment.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #85875

@kweb

I am really sorry for the delay in responsing to your ticket. I take the full responsibility and will learn from my mistakes here.

I have uninstalled SP Page Builder 3.8.8 from your staging site and then installed the same version. It looks good to me now (slideshow had some CSS issues). Maybe there were some issues in your previous installation.

https://www.hairlights-xpress.de/staging/

K
kweb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #85885

Hi, can you tell me what you exactly did? Just in case Im receiving this in other projects. Did you uninstall SPPB completely? Did you press the updates button?

Thanks, kweb

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #85896

I have completely uninstalled SP Page Builder. I have gone to Extensions -> Manage and search for "SP Page Builder". Then I have selected all results and uninstalled. Then I have installed 3.8.8 version normally.