Issues With SP Page Builder 4.0.5 - Question | JoomShaper

Issues With SP Page Builder 4.0.5

SR

SANY Tech Resource

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

I just upgraded from 3.9 to 4.0.5 just to have problems. At least, 3.9 was working. I'm unable to take simple actions like:

1- Rename a page: I duplicated one of the pages which was created in 3.9. Edited this new page in 4.0.5, but can't change its name after trying so many times. The name always goes back to the original state after refreshing the list.

2- Viewing a list of pages: No matter what I do, I can only see a total of 7 pages. 6 pages were created in the older version. 7th page is a duplicate. If I change the sorting to anything on the dropdown, I can see more pages.

3- Duplicating a page: I kept tyring to duplicate pages. Even though it said success, I wasn't able to see the duplicated pages. Because of the issue #2, I wasn't able to see them.

4- Trashing or Unpublising a page: I ended up duplicating several pages. I am unable to rename them. I tried to trash them which failed. I tried to unpublish them which failed.

These are simple actions. 4.0.5 made me frusturated with these simple actions. Forget about the visual editing. I want my old version, so at least we can continue creating and editing pages!!!

I cleared the cache on Joomla. I cleared the cache on the server. I cleared the cache on my browser. Nothing worked!!!

12 Answers
SR
SANY Tech Resource
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90271

I'm trying to turn on the Joomla Article and SP Simple Portfolio integrations and it is NOT working!!!

SR
SANY Tech Resource
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90409

Update:

I said I was only able to 7 pages. This was yesterday. I'm able to see a total of 10 pages now.

I tried to unpublish some pages yesterday which seemed like it wasn't working, because everytime the pages were coming back with a status of published. Now, I'm seeing some unpublished pages. I can't change the status of these to publish them!

I used to be able enable the renaming field from the list of pages. Now, when I click on the 3dots>Rename, nothing happens to some of the pages, the field doesn't become active to rename a page. On other pages, it seems like the renaming works, but it doesn't.

SR
SANY Tech Resource
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90410

Please help. Is there a way to revert back to version 3.9?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #90558

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. We just released a new update. Will you please check our latest version & let me know the feedback.

-Thanks

SR
SANY Tech Resource
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #91116

Nothing has changed with the 4.0.6 version.

• It is almost impossible to rename a duplicated page. It says successful, but after a refresh I get to see the name before the rename action.

• The default view of pages always has the same number of pages. In order to see newly duplicated pages, I need to change order from dropdown.

• I'm changing the status of a page from published to unpublished or trashed, it says successful, but after a refresh I get to see the page with the status of published.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #91171

I think your hosting server blocked to load page builder resources. That's why occurred the problem. I have checked on my localhost and our testing server both side works fine. Also, you can check your end.

SR
SANY Tech Resource
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #91286

The resources were loading fine until the upgrade to 4.0.5. Do you think GoDaddy is picking which resources to load and which ones to block? What should I be checking with my hosting?

SR
SANY Tech Resource
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #91287

Is this a canned answer you just gave me? Something is not working with your 4.0.5 and 4.0.6 versions. I had ZERO issues with version 3.9.x

Now you're blaming my hosting server. I found another posting at https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/14851 You response was the same to another.

Aren't you supposed to design a product that is capable of working with all the servers? At the end, we're not hosting our sites on your localhost, are we?

SR
SANY Tech Resource
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #91290

I want to downgrade to 3.9.x. Is it possible? Can you provide a download link?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #91372

Also, You can check another hosting server.

Before downgrade read this blog post.

https://www.joomshaper.com/blog/sp-page-builder-4-0

Download area bottom of the page

https://www.joomshaper.com/downloads/extension

SR
SANY Tech Resource
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #91494

From the article: "Note! Once you update to SP Page Builder 4.x from SP Page Builder v3.x, you can not roll back to SP Page Builder 3.x version."

What happens if a user tries to roll back to 3.x version?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #91496

Some function will not work properly.