Relative Path Ignored After Updating Page Builder To 3.8.9 - Question | JoomShaper

Relative Path Ignored After Updating Page Builder To 3.8.9

DM

Diego Mello

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Hello guys!

I am working on multilingual website for a client. During the development I create a sub folder on my server to do the work.

Last Friday I updated Page Builder to from 3.8.8 to 3.8.9 and now I am having a URL problem.

Every link on the website is now pointing to the domain root, not to the sub folder where my client's Joomla installation is.

If you click on any link, menu item etc. you will be taken to a non existing page.

I need to finish this site by the end of this week and move everything to my client's server.

Please let me know how can I correct this or if you need additional information.

Also, if you need access to the admin area, just provide me the e-mail I should use to create an admin account for you.

Thanks in advance and best regards, Diego

15 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #97814

Please check now. This plugin was occurred the problem.

System - CFI

JA
Juvenal Augusto
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #95649

samething on our site... and no response...

DM
Diego Mello
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #95988

Hello guys. I need some help here!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #96950

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

-Thanks

DM
Diego Mello
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #96982

Hello Toufiq,

Thanks for thre reply. The credentials are in the hidden content.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #96984

Hi Diego. I do not think that this is due to the update and generally Page Builder. The problem is that your site is in the folder. Perhaps you did not notice this problem before the update or it was in the cache so you did not notice.

Good practice to develop a site on subdomain but not in the folder. If you are developing in the folder, you manually need to change all new paths to make them from the root. And change it back after develope.

Example:

from /images/your-new.jpg to /folder_name/images/your-new.jpg

DM
Diego Mello
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97005

Hi Pavel, thanks for your reply, and suggestion about developing new site under a subdomain. Noted!

But in this case here I've been working on this for the past three months and with no isses until the update, and after installing 3.8.9 even the menu links stoped working.

Cheers!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #97085

Please provide me the FTP access & Joomla super administrator access.

DM
Diego Mello
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97247

Toufiq,

My apologies, when I ceated the user for you I didn't set as Super Admin. It is now correct. I have been using the hosting webftp, as soon as I have the oportunity to create a new FTP user I'll post it here.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #97306

Sure.

DM
Diego Mello
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97404

FTP Access

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #97552

Please make sure that your FTP is correct file path. Thanks

DM
Diego Mello
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97742

The path is correct. I just connected.

DM
Diego Mello
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97820

Dear Toufiq. Thank you very much for your help. I would never have found this!

This site has a lot of content and in three different languages so I tried this plugin to import articles (it didn't work) and never removed it.

Once again, thaks a lot for the help.

Diego

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #97822

You are most welcome. Will you please spend some to write a review about our product and support quality? 

https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/sp-page-builder/

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.joomshaper.com