Cannot Access Protected Property Joomla\CMS\Menu\MenuItem::$params - Spectrum Template - Question | JoomShaper

Cannot Access Protected Property Joomla\CMS\Menu\MenuItem::$params - Spectrum Template

Kurt Wündsch

Kurt Wündsch

Template 1 year ago

Hi Joomshaper Team

I sometimes (not always) get this error message when migrating from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 with Spectrum Template, which I can't get rid of.

"Cannot access protected property Joomla\CMS\Menu\MenuItem::$params"

Since I use the Shaper Spectrum Temple very often with my customers, I would like a solution.

I tried it out and found out that if I change "templates\shaperspectrum\html\modmenu\default.php" -> aud "_default.php" everything works again. That's how I deactivate parts of the template. So this can only be an emergency workaround.

Please help to solve the problem. Greetings Kurt

3 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #103909

You are welcome 😊

Please accept the answer that helped you. It will be then easier to find the solution for the other users with the same issue. There is a button to accept answer after each comment.

I have a humble request. It would be very kind of you if you can manage some moment to give us feedback on 

1. Joomla Extension Directory
  2. TrustPilot

This will inspire us to improve.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #103461

Hello Kurt Wündsch

I have fixed your issue on templates\shaperspectrum\html\modmenu\default.php file. Please check the site now.

Best regards

Kurt Wündsch
Kurt Wündsch
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103475

Thanks a lot. I hope this repaired file solve the problem also at my other Websites after migrationm. Nice Day