Is There A Way To Open A Joomla Article In A Modal - Question | JoomShaper

Is There A Way To Open A Joomla Article In A Modal

B

blue_Shift

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

I'm trying to build a simple news feature in an SPPB module - headline, introtext, link to outside article. I want to do this without opening a new page - just the opopup. Possible? I haven't figured it out.

4 Answers
Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #9477

Hello

For simple news feature as you mentioned, you can follow this documentation link here https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/joomla-templates/newsplus/slider-features-news-module Do let us know if you have more queries

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9510

I'm trying to build a simple news feature in an SPPB module - headline, introtext, link to outside article. I want to do this without opening a new page - just the opopup. Possible? I haven't figured it out.

Hi. You can use Bootstrap Modal - this is free, but requires some encoding skills. https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/components/modal/

Or you can use a bunch of Engage Box (paid extension) and Articles Everywhere plugin from RegularLabs. This can be tied to the Button Addon .

Also, I think you can try to use Popup Addon with JCE editor inside, to insert an IFRAME containing an article.

B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9552

The Bootstrap and EngageBox models won't work the way I need them to, as I need a dynamic array (grid) of articles which will pop up the introtext with an outbound link. (Note to Pavel: I have EngageBox, and I have put it to use elsewhere on the site - a great recommendation.)

Here's what worked: JUX Newswall, with a minor amount of grokking to the nivo popup stylesheet. It does exactly what the client needs.

TZ
Taz Zarkin
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129880

To: blue_Shift

I don't know if you will read this. However, I wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I have a yearly subscription for JoomShaper, and I love their products. Yet, they didn't have a solution for this particular problem.

Your answer was the ONLY ONE that I found that fixed my problem. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your solution.

It solved my problem 100%. Thank you!!