Helix Framework 1 year ago

With the update to 2.0.12 the 404 custom page not working

10 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #108264

Hi Eliana,

If you made template code customization in HU 2.0.11 - new update overriden all files, also your changes in error.php file. You can recover your changes from website backup, I mean only that one file.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #108265

In Helix Ultimate 2.0.12 instead of code customization, just publish your module (for example SPPB) in position "404" and it will be displayed on error pages.

EB
Eliana Braidot
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #108266

I realized it, how do I configure the 404 custom page with the new update? i don't want to install SPPB only for 404 page

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #108267

Look up.

EB
Eliana Braidot
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #108270

if I opened a ticket it's because I didn't find anything, not even in your documents, forums, guides I've been looking for a solution for three days maybe I don't know where to look

M
Mike
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #108278

I'd made a lot of custom tweaks. Upon updating to 2.0.12 have big layout issues.

Spending hours now to fix when was planning to focus on other things.

Looked OK from front at first because I've got caches, JCH optimise and others.

By the time I flushed and saw the probs it was too late to roll back to back up for other reasons.

If moving up to 2.0.12 definitely backup first, dump caches and check.

EB
Eliana Braidot
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #108288

Thanks for the advice My website is still under construction and no optimization software is installed. The cache is clean but all the tests I've done to have a 404 page result in a redirect to home/index.php For Google, not having a 404 page is an error and I'd like to solve it before putting it online There is little to look online if this problem is generated by a new version

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #108298

Without URL + access we talk ages.

At least on my private & demo website, error page is displayed with my custom module.

no404.gif

M
Mike
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #108307

Hello Eliana,

My 404 is still working with Helix Ultimate 2.0.12, however, I created a custom 404 page based on the instructions here: https://www.joomshaper.com/blog/create-a-custom-joomla-404-page-with-sp-page-builder

Note the instructions re: Edit the error.php file.

That should get you over the line.

EB
Eliana Braidot
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #108439

I don't want to install SPBB, it just seems too much for the 404 page I tried without a custom page and it redirect to home/index.php I tried with: if (($this->error->getCode()) == '404') { header('Location: ' . Jroute::_("index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2Itemid=261", false)); exit; } and it redirect to home/index.php