Hamburger Menu does Not Work Correctly With URL Menu Item Pointing To An Anchor Tag On A Page - Question | JoomShaper

Hamburger Menu does Not Work Correctly With URL Menu Item Pointing To An Anchor Tag On A Page

CB

Curtis Bantjes

Helix Framework 10 months ago

Hi Support, The Hamburger (OffCanvas) menu in the Helix Ultimate template has issues dealing with a menu item pointing to a URL with an anchor tag value of for example "/#jumphere". It works from the Main Menu but not 100% in the Hamburger menu. It works in a way from the Hamburger menu but in a strange way. Let me explain. When you click on the Hamburger menu it opens correctly and then when you click on the menu item which is pointing to a URL that has the anchor value "/#AboutUs" for example, it seems to work but to a point. It "dims" the page in the background but it does not close the Hamburger menu. It just "hangs" there with the "dimmed" page sticking out behind the Hamburger menu. But when you now click on any other menu item and then again on the URL anchor one then it works 100%. But only once. When you now click on the URL anchor menu item again then it behaves incorrectly again as described above. I will place the URL to our site below in the "Hidden Content" block so you can see for yourself. What can I do to fix it? Gert Myburgh (on behalf of my client Curtis Bantjes) South Africa

2 Answers
CB
Curtis Bantjes
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #119444

Hi Support, I would like to make a very short video using OBS Studio screen capturing software to show you the issue we are having with the Hamburger/OffCanvas menu in the Helix template. Where do I upload such a video clip so that you can see it for yourself?

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #119826

Hi there!

Thanks for your query.

If you want, you can use one of our onepage templates to get anchor menus working within offcanvas.

As you can understand the Helix Ultimate Template is not made with onepage facility, so it happens. And customization support is prohibited here.

However, I can give you suggestions/hints only. You can have a look into the following video to see if it helps:

https://youtu.be/CBZsdvQShhk?t=509

And the following conversation too:

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/15829

Best Regards