Updates: Templates And SPPB - Question | JoomShaper

Updates: Templates And SPPB

Robert

Robert

General 8 months ago

Hi,

Like many others in this forum, I have had some issues with the various templates, SPPB, and Helix; both minor and major (as in, website broken) issues. As I read the different forum posts, I have noticed that one of the factors that seems to appear quite frequently has to do with the older templates having code (be it SPPB or Helix) that is having issues with the current versions of SPPB a/o Helix. Even PHP v8.x is now becoming an issue on top of the other problems. There are some templates that are still using the Helix3 template code even though Helix Ultimate is actively being updated, while Helix3 has been pushed to the wayside. Additionally, JoomShaper boasts "127 Joomla template collection." while presenting a 7-page listing of said templates. Toggle the Joomla 4 compatibility option and that number drops to 5 pages of templates, for a total of 81 available downloads. Now select the PHP8 compatibility option and that drops the presented templates to a mere 62 available downloads. That means that less than 50% of the available templates are compatible; more or less, with the current state of Joomla and PHP versions. That is well off the mark of "All of our Joomla templates are responsive and designed for business, eCommerce, portfolio, agency, and personal websites." Is there no intention to update the templates to be better suited towards compatibility with the newer Joomla/PHP/SPPB/Helix code?

No different than others, I've experienced so many issues with SPPB v5.x that I refuse to update my sites because of the constant breakage. I cannot support my customers properly if I keep breaking their sites with each "new" SPPB5 update. Even the latest Helix Ultimate update is hit-or-miss so I'm forced to test it thoroughly on a dummy site before updating my customers' sites. Not at all sure as to what is going on but quality assurance is sorely lacking. To put this into perspective; SPPB4 went through 11 patch versions throughout its one year lifespan, about 1 update per month. Comparatively, SPPB5 has already presented a total of 8 patch versions in but a month's time frame! I believe that several of the current forum posts might have been averted had templates been updated and SPPB/Helix been put through a more rigorous QA process. I would prefer to continue supporting JoomShaper but I cannot provide proper service to my customers if you do not your own. All too often, forum posts are either ignored or provided the standard, "We'll get back to you." response; which of course does not always happen, i.e., SPPB Doesn't Save Changes When Using Code Editor. Not sure what needs to happen on your end but change does need to happen for the better no matter how you slice it.

Regards.

2 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 8 months ago #128611

Hi Robert,

There's no doubt you're willing to help. I will forward your suggestion to the team. Super appreciate your input and observation.

Best Regards

Robert
Robert
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #128840

Hi,

This type of vague, non-answering response is exactly what I am referring to in my post. Other template sites that I have membership to have been updating their templates to accomodate the latest updates of Joomla, PHP, and their version of template framework, if used. A non-answer is not an answer, simple put!

Regards.