User Cant Edit Own Content - Question | JoomShaper

User Cant Edit Own Content

T

Tobias

SP Page Builder 7 months ago

Hello, I have a site updatet from Joomla 3.10 to Joomla 4. Accordingly, I have also updated the PageBuilder to version 5. With my Superadmin I can edit and do everything. However, I also have several users who could edit your own content in the backend. Unfortunately, this no longer works. The user are the Pagebuilder pages he may edit indeed displayed, but when he opens them then comes only the following error: Failed opening required '/www/htdocs/w01965b8/seesen.kroppbox.de/administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/builder/classes/base.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:..') I also gave the user all permissions once. It still did not work. Only with full administrator rules he can edit the sites. But then he can edit all sites. The page is a copy on another webspace.

27 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #130985

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

-Thanks

T
Tobias
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #131046

Sure

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #131128

Please watch the video.

T
Tobias
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #131137

Thank you very much for the video. Unfortunately, it does not help me. What makes which authorization I have already tried myself piece by piece.

But I have not found the solution to my problem in the video. The user should ONLY be able to edit and see his own pages in the page builder.

I have managed that he sees only his pages. But when editing comes the above error message, although the whole thing worked under Joomla 3 and PB3 without problems.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #131283

Can you give me the Joomla super administrator access?

T
Tobias
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #131289

the User is now Superadmin

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #131370

The user group should be under the manager group.

https://prnt.sc/mo0zhD2IIcDy

T
Tobias
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #131520

Unfortunately, we are still talking past each other. Thanks for the demo user BUT: The demo user can edit all pages. But he should ONLY edit the pages he is author of or the pages that are in his group.

I show it with a picture. I have 6 pages from the user BLASORCHESTER. The user should also be able to edit ONLY these pages NO others.

https://ibb.co/9hNn4v3

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #131532

Oh no. Sorry to say that, right now this feature is not available. :(

T
Tobias
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #131590

but with Joomla 3 and PageBuilder 3 it worked.

I had there (as now also) the right "edit own content" assigned and it worked wonderfully. I hope we find there somehow a way. Otherwise I have to see if I can do it again without Pagebuilder. Very sad because it worked with the PB 3.

About the categories you can not do that unfortunately. For whatever there are the categories then at all. I hope that in the future there is again the possibility.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #131624

I know what you are talking about. We have restructured the old code into new code. That's why we need more time. Thanks

https://prnt.sc/duLpIK59lbJz

T
Tobias
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #131662

More time no Problem.

Currently, I can still do without the update. But should catch up as soon as possible, as soon as I get from you the GO and that works again.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #131747

We are engaged in another project. That's why we need time. Thanks

T
Tobias
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #138372

Hey Toufiq,

with the last Update 5.1.9 i saw you implementing a funktion for permissions. Can we fix my Problem now? Ich give my User the Permisson to Edit. But he still cant edit the site. I get this Page.

https://ibb.co/bBX1GWk

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #138479

Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue?

T
Tobias
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #138640

Sure. The Test User is Orientierungslauf.

orientierungslauf has in my opinion all rights to edit the pages of the author Orientierungslauf. But it does not work. If you are logged in to Orientierungslauf, click once on "Seiten bearbeiten" to get to the page builder. You can Click on the sites but you can not edit it.

if you delete the filter, you can see that the other pages cannot even be clicked on, i.e. they are blocked for the user.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #138660

I just duplicated this page and it works fine.

T
Tobias
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #138681

I tried it with the Orientierungslauf account, but still got the same error. Whether with the original page or the copy.

See Hidden Content

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #138802

Please watch the video.

T
Tobias
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #138814

Ah, I have found the error:

My link to the pages in the backend was:

index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=pages&filter[category_id]=32

that led me (as you can see in the video) to a probably older pagebuilder page view. The whole thing doesn't work above that.

But if I use the following link:

index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=editor&tmpl=component#/pages?filter=%7B%22category%22%3A%2230%22%2C%22limit%22%3A%2215%22%2C%22sortBy%22%3A%22title%22%7D&page=1

then the view of the pages looks like yours and I can actually set everything as desired and the user can edit his pages.

Maybe you can somehow remove this old view so that you can't get there by mistake.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #138869

How can i modify your URL? I didn't modify the URL. Can you explain little bit more? Thanks

T
Tobias
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #139153

It is difficult for me to explain the whole thing in more detail:

With this link in the backend (index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=pages&filter[category_id]=32) I came to a page overview, which seems to be a remnant of an old pagebuilder version. See picture 1 https://ibb.co/mSg1Sz8

Here you can't edit the pages and get the error message I posted last time.

Mit diesem Link im Backend (index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=editor&tmpl=component#/pages?filter=%7B%22category%22%3A%2230%22%2C%22limit%22%3A%2215%22%2C%22sortBy%22%3A%22title%22%7D&page=1) I came across the new overview. Picture 2 https://ibb.co/hyrvkpG

The user can then also edit the pages. And everything works great.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #139565

Did you remove your site?

https://prnt.sc/ln24pE6qO0-q

T
Tobias
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #139584

yes. had to much changed settings. i will install a backup from the original side in the next Days. And Update the page step by step from joomla 3.10 and PB 3 to the newest Versions because the Problem with the permissions is solved.

All worked fine for me now.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #139884

Great to hear that everything is working fine for you now! It's a good plan to install a backup from the original site and proceed with step-by-step updates to the latest versions of Joomla and Page Builder. Resolving the permissions issue is a significant step, and taking a systematic approach to updates should ensure a smooth and stable transition. If you encounter any further challenges or have questions during the update process, feel free to reach out. Wishing you continued success with your website updates!

T
Tobias
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #139901

Thx

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #140328

You are most welcome & Thanks