Helix Ultimate 2.0.18 - Question | JoomShaper

Helix Ultimate 2.0.18

W

WWweb

Helix Framework 2 months ago

After upgrade to Joomla 5 and Helix Ultimate 2.0.18, I am unable to make any changes to Helix template - when the change is made and auto-save occurs, I see 'Drafting' with a spinning circle in the upper right corner when the template is attempting to save. I am also getting the red 'Error-Error undefined' message in the lower right corner.

Website link where you can see that Font Awesome is not enabled, so arrows are not showing because I am can't enable them in the template. All error messages are seen in the template admin area. https://montanahorsedigest.com

4 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #148063

Hi,

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/troubleshooting-faq#i-cannot-save-template-settings

In most cases that helps "disable Mod Security for used domain inside cPanel."

W
WWweb
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148074

Disabling mod security worked. But how does that affect the security of my site?

And also, for my knowledge, I have other sites on this server running the same configuration (J5, SPPB 5.2.6, Helix 2.0.18, php 8.1, mysql 7.4.33), but were created from a clean install versus an upgrade. Why does this make a difference?

Also, can I turn off mod security to save settings, and then turn back on when complete? It doesn't seem to affect anything once the template changes are made and mod security is turned back on.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #148092

Disabling mod security worked.

Now when you know that it was a mean reason, ask hosting support to add exception in mod_security for URL : administrator/index.php?option=com_ajax

if it possible, because in some hostings they do not allow for such changes.

Yes, you can enable mod_security after you will add & save changes in Template Options. And everything will be OK with the site itself.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #148094

Extra tip!

Joomla 5.0.2 + SPPB 5.2.6 + Helix 2.0.18 - can also work in PHP 8.3 (tested!) and works faster than on PHP 8.1