Permission Error - Question | JoomShaper

Permission Error

MS

Mahdi Shafiei

Template 3 months ago

I have tried to install quick start packages for the templates.

1. Setup Site Name: key in and done
  2. Login Data: key in and done
  3. Database Configuration: key in and press Install Joomla button
  4. After this I go to the new page with this address: SITENAME/installation/index.php?view=remove&layout=default but with this error Forbidden You don't have permission to access this resource. Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
11 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 months ago #148312

Hi Mahdi,

Quickstart is based on Joomla Installer, we didn't change its major code. So probably you have to delete installation folder manually using FTP after all steps.

BTW

Have you tried to install raw Joomla 4.4 on that same hosting before? If not please try, it will tell you where the problem is.

MS
Mahdi Shafiei
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #149822

I have tried the raw joomla 4.4 and it can be installed with no issue this is the messege that I see after the last step of the installation of the quick start

Forbidden You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #149826

Hmm...

1. Which QS you installed? Please share full name.
  2. Message "Forbidden You don't have permission to access this resource." you have only on front-end??? And Joomla Admin area works? If yes, please update everything inside (CMS + all extensions) and recheck front-end.
MS
Mahdi Shafiei
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #149925

pitech_quickstart_j4_v1.0.1

MS
Mahdi Shafiei
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #149926

Unfortunatly the installation is incomplete. it means the installation folder is not deleted and in i delete it manually, there is no configuration file it seems there must be a specific setting for the php

allow_url_fopen = On display_errors = On enable_dl = On file_uploads = On max_execution_time = 900 max_input_time = 900 max_input_vars = 10000 memory_limit = 1024M post_max_size = 1024M session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440 session.save_path = "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74" upload_max_filesize = 1024M zlib.output_compression = On

there are the current setting

MS
Mahdi Shafiei
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #150065

any reply?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #150101

Thanks,

Hmm. Server settings problem anyway. Ok, I will create you Akeeba Backup with its installer - it should help, but I can do that only ones.

Give me 30min

MS
Mahdi Shafiei
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #150103

It helps for now because I want to use this template, but I have tried other templates too. Probably your templates need some special setting in php.ini that you havn't mentioned in the documentation.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #150105

BTW

I was able to install QS Pitech on my server (PHP 8.0) without any issues. Now I will create you alternative installer.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #150106

No changes in php.ini are needed for that, it's problem with file permissons probably. It's still Joomla installer, I told you.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #150107

Please download you have 1 hour link, install qs using PHP 8.0, later you change