Article Fields Display Layout And Helix Ultimate - Question | JoomShaper

Article Fields Display Layout And Helix Ultimate

bdonner

bdonner

Helix Framework 1 month ago

Hi, I find no layout settings (Field layout as in J5: Fields -> Options -> Layout) or other way to in Helix ultimate tell how Article fields should be shown. There is the Joomla standard setting for the fields ( Field -> Options -> Automatic Display (After title, Before display content, After display content) but that is it. What should I do, to in the Helix Ultimate template system, when I show a single article, get the article fields to show in a (flex) column to the right of the article? I would like to avoid altering the template php to get to this and there must be a thought when creating such a dynamic template system as helix ultimate about how to do this?

Thanks! Benjamin

5 Answers
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #152634

Hi.

Helix, like any other template, does not have any special layout for the article's custom fields. You can only configure this through your own HTML / CSS, for example, using "Before display" option. Override of the template PHP is not required and is not the right way.

bdonner
bdonner
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #152636

We have been using Joomshaper's template Travel Kit, which did not get a J4 / J5 update, therefore we need to replicate what was done in that template as its article layouy (K2) fit our needs exactly. Here is an example how one of your templates have layouted custom fields to the right of article content: https://www.aavameri.fi/en/tours-and-courses/weekly-tours-for-everyone/guided-3-day-archipelago-sea-kayaking and how we would like it to be done. J4 and J4 has the functionality for one easily selectable layout variants (Article options -> layout) where I have understood that many templates put ready made variants for different kinds of contents.

Benjamin

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #152663

Hi.

1. I am not an employee of Joomshaper.
  2. K2 has such a layout on board. This is not related to the template, but is related to K2. To create the same layout using the standard Joomla article, you need CSS coding regardless of the template.
  3. I do not think that someone from Joomshaper will help you with this. As far as I know, customization outside the support.

Publish custom fields in "Before Display" and provide a public link, then I can help you with CSS

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #152995

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this oversight. I will inform to our developer team about your queries. I will get back to you soon.

Best regards,

Toufiqur Rahman (Team Lead, Support)

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #153050

I have checked the Joomla custom fields and it works fine with different position.

https://prnt.sc/UZjP50oVHVj3

-Thanks