Section Background Image Not Showing In Frontend Editor - Question | JoomShaper

Section Background Image Not Showing In Frontend Editor

SS

Stefan Scheidegger

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

Hi all,

we just set up a new site with Helix 1.1.2 and SP Page Builder 3.7.8 on Joomla 3.9.23. When building a page using predefined blocks in SP Page Builder Front End, for many blocks the background image does not show in Frontend Editor. However, when previewing the page, the image is displayed properly.

Steps to reproduce:

• Create new page and Save it
  • Edit page in Frontend Editor
  • Drag i.e. Blocks - Hero - Music Festival 2017 to the page
  • Save

The problem persists, even when closing and reopening Frontend Editor. When checking what's going on, we found that under Row Options - Style - Enable Background Options nothing is selected, not even "none". As soon as we select Image, the image is shown correctly in Frontend Editor and in Preview. It seems, that for all built in Blocks (aka Sections Library) with a Section background, this selection is not stored properly:

• All Hero Blocks
  • Features Blocks number 5 and 9
  • Contents Blocks number 3, 6 and 9-13
  • many more

The problem is particularly confusing when elements in the block are white on a dark background. When adding the block, we see nothing at all because we have white elements on a white background.

Could you fix this in the next SP Page Builder release? Or can it be fixed on your sever side in the Sections library?

Thanks a lot, best regards

7 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #1264

Hi there!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Would you please disable css compression in the template settings to see if it helps?

Best Regards

SS
Stefan Scheidegger
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #1275

Thank you for your answer. Helix Ultimate - Advanced - Compress Javascript Files is already turned off. The problem persists. Are you able to reproduce the problem in your environment or is it a problem specifically in our environment?

Best regards

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #1350

Hello!

Yes, I have found the same issue at my end!

Let me talk about it with the Developer team. It will take time as weekend is running here... Please allow me time.

Best Regards

SS
Stefan Scheidegger
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #5786

Hello,

any update about this issue? We just updated SP Page Builder to 3.7.9. The problem still persists.

Thank you for your help, best regards

SS
Stefan Scheidegger
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #29957

Hello,

any update about this issue? We just updated SP Page Builder to 3.7.13. The problem still persists.

Thank you for your help, best regards

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #30567

Hi there!

I am really sorry.

I will check and remind our team about it again.

Best Regards

SS
Stefan Scheidegger
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35758

Hello Mrs. Rahman,

do you have any update about this problem?

Thank you very much, best regards