Bootstrap 5? - Question | JoomShaper

Bootstrap 5?

A

Allen

Helix Framework 2 years ago

I have an LMS that is not friendly beyond bootstrap 3, and runs with its own proprietary template assigned to all of its pages. This keeps it safe from template conflicts - usually. However, the formatting and some of the functionality went whacky with my recent update to HU 2.0.1.

I know the new Helix template utilizes Bootsrap 5, which screws with a lot of compenents and extensions that are not as up-to-date. Having the LMS use its own template kept it safe before, but not now.

Is the new Helix System - Helix Ultimate Framework 2.x plugin now taking over my entire site and forcing bootstrap 5 on non-Helix pages? Please confirm.

12 Answers
Ahmed Balfaqih
Ahmed Balfaqih
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #29760

Hi Allen,

My advice to you, do not upgrade the new version. It breaks many things including simple add-ons developed by Joomshaper. So far, I found so many issues and I reported them. I know I am not the only one. Hopefully by Friday they will fix some if not all of the issues.

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #29785

Hello Allen,

Please do not update to the latest versions unless you want to use only Helix Ultimate 2.x.x. SP LMS is not compatible with the latest updates yet, not the templates as well.

Completely agreeing with @Ahmed, we highly recommend you to wait a few more days before the complete compatibility. It won't take long as our dev-team is working on it. I hope you can understand.

Not to mention, please take a full site backup before changing anything so that you can get back your previous works if any error occurs.

Thanks!

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #29946

I am not using SP LMS. I said "my LMS", which is actually by JoomLMS running on the same site using it's own template.

Sadly, I've already upgraded, and trying to downgrade back to 1.14 blew up in my face. The LMS is working ok, but with som formatting issues. The JoomLMS developer is working on getting things right with my LMS. Their support is fantastic.

I agree, the new version is a trainwreck. I still have a couple of issues I'm trying to get resolved at https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/5918. Interestingly enough, it appears Joomshaper may even have more than one version of 2.0.1 out there. I downloaded the template manually from Joomshaper and installed, instead of updating through Joomla since updating that way hit an "XML not found" error. My interface appears different than screencaps I've seen from others, even though it says 2.0.1. You'll see this at the other post.

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #30058

I never got an answer to my question if 2.0.1's new system plugin is applying Bootstrap 5 to my whole site, including pages that do not have Ultimate assigned to them. I need to figure out what is going on, becuaue after updating to 2.0.1, even pages trunning under a different template are formatting weird, and are sometimes broken.

I have Joomdonation's Event Booking running in the component position at https://www.certifiedinfosec.com/event-calendar/find-events/enterprise-risk-management/95-iso-31000-risk-management, and the registration functon broke after the update. Click the register button to reproduce. A LOT of people run Event Booking. It's probably one of the most popular event scheduling extensions for Joomla.

Now we can't sell events until I get this fixed. Great.

Ahmed Balfaqih
Ahmed Balfaqih
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #30061

I feel for you Allen. My situation is not as bad as yours. However, something has gone horribly wrong with this update. My big mistake is that I did not back up when I usually do.

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #30119

Hello Allen,

I am extremely sorry to hear that and I can feel your pain.

Would you mind sharing a videocast with us of the problems you are facing so that we can have a look from our end and can come up with the quickest fix possible?

Thanks!

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #30142

I have Joomdonation's Event Booking running in the component position at https://www.certifiedinfosec.com/event-calendar/find-events/enterprise-risk-management/95-iso-31000-risk-management, and the registration functon broke after the update. Click the register button to reproduce.

Hi. If you allow. I have a number of customers having complex sites with different extensions. I updated HU without any problems. Yes, there were different minor problems, but they all decided.

There are several reasons for bugs.

1. HU 2 has a change in the settings. In order for them to take effect, it is necessary to simply re-take the settings and save.
  2. A number of third-party extensions are not compatible with the bootstrap 5. And if they do not have its own switching on the bootstrap, then you should contact their developers to eliminate causes. Of course, the joomshaper team should have warned. But it was not done. However, this is not a bug, but the question of incompatibility. Therefore, it will not be corrected, as there is nothing to correct.

An experienced user can fix it without the help of developers. For example, up to version 5 in the bootstrap was used by such a data attributes data-toggle =" ... ", in version 5, used such data-bs-toggle =" ... ". Thus, the replacement in the source code of third-party extensions the data attributes will make your tabs, accordions, dropdaws, modals work again.

1. Before any update or change in the site code, you must completely disable all caching and clean it completely. Now on your site works JSPEED and I think it is the cause of most problems. Since you received new scripts, but in cache old scripts that do not work with new methods.
A
Allen
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #30193

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your feedback.

I automatically clear all cache (including Jspeed) after every configuration change. I have a plugin that does this to make sure.

I have disabled Jspeed for now.

Joomdonation responded that Jspeed was indeed causing some of the problems with Event Bookings. Now my registration function is back, but I am having them look into why Event Booking pages are so slow to load now. Sometimes they load quickly and properly, but other times they do not. No other component pages are doing this. Arghh!

JoomLMS (www.Joomlms.com) is looking at issues that appeared after the template update.

Pavel, do you provide consulting (for hire) to fix issues with Joomshaper conflicts like this? If so, please contact me at [email protected].

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #30282

Pavel, do you provide consulting (for hire) to fix issues with Joomshaper conflicts like this? If so, please contact me at [email protected].

No. Sorry. Have no time

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #31273

Hello Allen,

Your issues are fixed already, right? If not, please feel free to give us a buzz.

Thanks!

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #31274

My issues were fixed by reverting back to 1.1.4. They will come back if I try to update to 2.x.

I still need an answer to the original primary question in this post:

"Is the new Helix System - Helix Ultimate Framework 2.x plugin now taking over my entire site and forcing bootstrap 5 on non-Helix pages? Please confirm."

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #31727

Hello Allen,

Helix Ultimate is bootstrap 5 compatible but it won't create any problem with the pages you have already created. However, if you had some custom CSS which conflicts with bootstrap 5, there's a close to zero possibility that it might occur some problems.

If you are facing any trouble, feel free to give us a buzz. Hopefully you have got your answer to the original primary question.

Have a nice day!