Google Font API - Question | JoomShaper

Google Font API

LW

LAC Webadmin

Feature Request 2 years ago

Hello!

In SPPage Builder when editing a page or Article using SPPB, the Font Family option for example in a heading add-on. Does it pull from the template Helix Ultimate Google Font API or it is on its own? There's no Google Font API in the SPPB options.

Is this something planned for the future version of SPPB?

Thanks,

Jackson

6 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #40371

Hello LAC Webadmin

Sorry, this feature does not exist. You can load Google Fonts by inserting the API on Helix Ultimate settings. But you will not get it in the addon settings. But you can use Google Fonts in Custom CSS then.

Best regards

LW
LAC Webadmin
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40602

Hi Ofi,

Well Ofi, if you say "sorry, this feature does not exist.", well, it is true that it doesn't exists. But with your answer are you are saying "it will never happen"? :D Look if your product SPPB is not a page builder then I won't even look for that feature. Your product also included Google Fonts as options for font family, it is counter productive if SPPB does not take advantage of Google Font API and your developers chose to hard code the list of fonts. Don't you think? It is also the reason why I asked if that is in your road map (planned feature) for SPPB.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #40629

I totally agree with you :)

Whenever I have replied to you, I have shared this with the developers. There might be valid reasons for not including the feature. Or it could have been missed anyway. Since I am not a dev, I don't know the reason. Developer team will definitely think about it for the future versions.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #40640

If I may add few words from me.

From my expirence I see that most people click Update Fonts in Helix even if they do not have Google Fonts API and they have problems after. This same with Google Maps API, they think all is for free because they pay for SPPB.

We update SPPB very often so Google Fonts collection is current, this is not K2 where you get update ones a year. Google Fonts are not updated by Google so often to have problem with not working fonts. So I think this is not so needed feature. This same is in most Page bUilders also for WP. This is my private opinion, you don't have to agree with me.

LW
LAC Webadmin
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40763

Hi Paul,

Most people doesn't mean all of your clients will do the same thing, right? Maybe those clients that you are talking doesn't have a clue what Google Fonts API is all about, but you guys have already added a clear description and where to go to create the API. Well, maybe you guys have to clarify that in the documentation and if there are those doesn't read and have no clue just point them to the documentation. My point is, just because of those who doesn't have a clue or doesn't read, your decision making in adding cool features gets affected. Instead of making your product better, you'll make it more friendly to those slacker.

As for SPPB Google Fonts, I think you haven't use it for a while. Try to compare the fonts in Google Fonts and in the add-onn Font Family dropdown lists, it is not so current. For example, fonts like Cherish, Ephesis to name a few. As for "not needed feature" :D I guess I don't agree with you. The principle of how Joomla was built is really awesome! They made it so configurable like providing template overrides and that makes it so powerful. You guys made SPPB and HelixUltimate configurable also by providing overrides, that means you guys saw the power of giving people choice. So, my point is, in your personal opinion "it is not needed feature", it doesn't mean it is not also needed for other people, right?

This is also my personal opinion, but your agreement will probably affect our decision making in using your product in the long run. So far, I just like SPPB and HelixUltimate and that's why I am building our next website on it. I want it to be much better and feature rich in the future.

By the way Paul, what's K2? :P

Thanks,

Jackson

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #40785

OK, we can certainly consider it, but I think updating Font collection by us has a higer priority as I saw.

BTW

If you don't know what is K2 - is very good for you, but unfortunately still many webmaster use this component.