Updating Sp Page Builder To V-3-8-3 Breaks Jbdirectory - Question | JoomShaper

Updating Sp Page Builder To V-3-8-3 Breaks Jbdirectory

AD

Alain Desormiers

SP Page Builder 6 days ago

NOT THE FIRST TIME MY FRIENDS !!!!!!

Who is responsible for checking the health of an update before uploading it to "JOOMLA UPDATE"?

How horrible to get a call from a customer and be called incompetent because their website only displays 404 pages!

And here is that two companies: (cmsjunkie & joomshaper) put you in trouble several times a year; Why? Because the programmers at every company are in more of a hurry to deliver the goods than to thoroughly test their codes.

My notoriety takes a nasty blow with each incident.

Is this normal?

To fix this problem, I reinstalled version 3.8.0 in my computer archive since joomshaper does not offer the old versions for download. (Is this normal? - Why am I paying for a PRO subscription?)

13 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 6 days ago

Hello Alain Desormiers

My sincere apology for the inconvenience. It is not always possible to make the product compatible with every extension out there. But we would definitely consider your feedback and improve our product. Please update your site on localhost and create the issue. Then take a full site backup with Akeeba Backup in ZIP format and share here. Follow this tutorial if needed. I will share the backup with the developer team for checking. Thanks for your patience and co-operation.

Best regards

AD
Alain Desormiers
Accepted Answer
6 days ago

Hello Ofi,

Before going to an AkeebaBackup,

Can I have V.3.8.2 or the direct url link to it.

So that I make the website in the same state before updating to v.3.8.3

You can follow my POSTS at CMS Junkie: https://www.cmsjunkie.com/forum/j-businessdirectory/updating-to-sp-page-builder-v.3.8.3-breaks-jbdirectory

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 6 days ago

Please check SP Page Builder 3.8.2 in the hidden content box.

AD
Alan Davies
Accepted Answer
4 days ago

Hello, I have had the same issue with J-Directory and have had to roll back to a previous version of SP Pagebuilder to get the detail listing views in the directory. The suggestion from CMS Junkie is that it the router used by SP Pagebuilder that causes the issue. https://www.cmsjunkie.com/forum/j-businessdirectory

Please let me know if there is a solution for this so that I can use the update in the future.

Thank you,

Alan

J
joe
Accepted Answer
4 days ago

Here is my thread on the exact same subject:

I added a link to my full site Akeeba backup file in the Hidden Contents.

CAN I GET THE ROLLBACK FILE AS WELL?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 days ago

joe,

I have commented on your post and gave the link there. Please take it from there.

Alan Davies,

I will share this thread with the developers for checking.

Best regards

J
joe
Accepted Answer
4 days ago

Ofi,

I just downloaded an installed the prior SPPB. After clearing the cache, all apears to be working now.

I will continue following this ticket. Please let me know if you need anything.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 days ago

Thanks for the confirmation. I have notified the developer about the thing. Some changes from 3.8.2 seems to create the conflict.

J
joe
Accepted Answer
3 days ago

Please note a related thread found here:

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 days ago

Thanks joe for the update :)

S
Swanworks
Accepted Answer
2 days ago

Dear Ofi,

we have the same Problem and need fast a help! Please help us or give us a roll-back.

Our JPdirectory is not running and give us "company"-404-sites..

Greetings from germany. SWAN

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 13 hours ago

Hello Swanworks

Apology for the inconvenience. I have fixed your site and replied to your post.

Best regards

J
joe
Accepted Answer
13 hours ago

Please note this related thread: