Backend Issue With Page Builder 3.7.9 - Question | JoomShaper

Backend Issue With Page Builder 3.7.9

T

tomstark1963

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

Hi there,

Ever since I have upgraded to SP Page Builder 3.7.9, when I add or edit text in a text box in the backend, when I click apply, nothing happens and nothing is saved. It works fine with the front end editor. Is there a fix for this?

6 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #4194

Hi Tom,

1. Make sure that TinyMCE is set as default editor or updated version of JCE editor. Only those 2 are supported.
  2. What template name you have?
  3. Do you have this problem with Text addon only or also in Feature addon as well?
  4. Please check from two different browsers - it may be browser cache issue only.

As I remember Text addon wasn't updated in last months, so code is this same as was 6+ months ago. Personally I use text addon etc. in 40+ websites without any issues.

T
tomstark1963
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #4197

Paul,

Thank you for your rapid reply. Here are the answers:

TinyMCE editor Template is Shaper_Hope, using Helix 3, all plugins are active. No problem in Feature box, on any browser. The issue is the same on Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.

T
tomstark1963
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #4198

Paul,

Also, all templates and plugins are up to date.

T
tomstark1963
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #4529

Paul,

any answers yet? I can give credentials to the site if you would like to troubleshoot.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

T
tomstark1963
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #4830

Paul,

I figured out the issue. Since it was only happenig on one of my websites, I knew it had to be something on that site.

It the text box, where you get to set the top margin and the bottom margin for the Heading, I had set the bottom margin for the mobile device setting to -15. The negative margin did not throw any error or indication that it wasn't allowed, I didn't notice it. Once I set the margin back to 0 (zero) the issue went away.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #5061

Custom settings may break almost anything starting from basic addon, OS as much as car software ;)

That's why we always recommend to test on more than one Page, Article and use more than one browser.

I am glad that you found mistake.