Custom.CSS In Some Templates - Question | JoomShaper

Custom.CSS In Some Templates

LL

L. Leijen

Template 1 year ago

Hello,

In recent updates of some of the templates custom.css is loaded before template.css, on this way overrides in custom.css have no effect. Can you please solve this issue in your upcomming updates, and check it on the templates before you release them?!

Thanks.

7 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #68407

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. And thanks for this information I will inform our DEV team so that they will take care of it.

-Regards.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #68423

Hi L,

there is quick fix that you can use in 30sec:

1. Rename custom.css file into override.css
  2. In Template Options - Custom code - Before < / head > paste link to override.css file, example

<link href="/templates/NAME/css/override.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

instead of "NAME" put your template folder name. Then override.css file will be loaded after template.css and all will be OK as it was before. Yes, override.css can be edited from Joomla Admin as well. Nothing will change. Instead "override.css" you can use custom name as well "design-changes.css" etc.

LL
L. Leijen
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68426

Hey Paul,

Thanks but this is not why custom.css is intended. So, instead of a shitty way arround maybe fix it? Let it work again like it should.

We've build 100's of websites in the past years, and now everytime we do an update we have to make a fix? What you're providing is causing more work.

LL
L. Leijen
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68921

Okay, after 5 days not a suitable answer is not the way to go with paying clients.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #68933

I asked our developer, but I don't have any solution by now, sorry. And I agree, that for 100 sites - it may be nightmare.

Quick Question - all those sites are built on Helix Ultimate or Helix3 engine? Can you share names of those used templates?

Becuase if you have sites on raw Helix Ultimate - it should be always OK.

LL
L. Leijen
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68935

It's multiple templates we used trough the years, so some are Helix 3, some are Ultimate, but some are somehow older too.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #68956

can you share few names of templates?