Page Builder Image Sources - Question | JoomShaper

Page Builder Image Sources

Alex

Alex

Feature Request 3 years ago

Maybe the team should consider adding the option of choosing the image source between Helix Blog Image or the standard Joomla images when displaying articles in Page Builder. For example: right now when pulling articles via the Page Builder article slider it will show the image from the blog tab (Helix Image) of the article and there is no way to show the standard Joomla Images. I you do not have an image added via the blog tab it will show nothing. This is really very limited for a product that was built for Joomla. Obviously this issue goes hand in hand with the fact that Helix is using it's own image upload. I am sure there were reasons this was done in the past, but I think today a decision has to be made to either abandon the separate image field from Helix or upgrade Page Builder so that you are able to choose between the Helix and Joomla image function as the source for article images.

Personally and as per my post I think Helix needs to be upgraded to use the existing Joomla image fields.

Then there would be no issues with PageBuilder and an option could still be added to either use the intro or full image.

Please share your thoughts!

12 Answers
B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #6434

I have an open discussion with them now regarding the missing 'Images and Links' tab on front end editing, to which there has thus far been no response. When you enable this option in the Articles > Options > Editing and Layout (this is off by default) the Helix UI breaks - it looks like compuserve c. 1986.

https://i.postimg.cc/kg5rkD6M/frontend.png

They absolutely need to fix this. No update to Helix since 1.1.2 January 2020, before the plague.

Alex
Alex
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #6435

That is really frustrating. I was thinking I am going to convert my customers to Page Builder just to find out it doesn't even pull the Joomla article images. It is really mind-boggling.

B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #6438

You can use PageBuilder in any major Joomla template system so you can still bring them into SPPB - it is the best at what it does, in my opinion. I use SPPB in every website I administer, using a variety of template producers - but I have two in development that will require front end editing so unless this is addressed soon, the production sites will be built over one of the alternates (I am prototyping in triplicate).

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #6449

Hi Alex!

I will discuss your opinions with the team! We really values our customers.

Best Regards

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #6467

Hi Alex. My thoughts - personally, I never use Helix Blog Image. I use only standard images for Joomla articles. This is all that should be done to avoid the problem. I do not find any sense in the Helix Blog Image functionality.

B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #6497

@Pavel The problem is from the front end, Helix Ultimate "Images and Links" tab is not properly implemented. After you enable "Frontend Images and Links" in Articles > Options to bring up the "Images and Links" tab we see on the back end, the front end Helix Ultimate UI is completely broken (image). So the problem is that Helix Ultimate front end core Joomla editing is missing this key functionality.

I have two sites in development that will absolutely rely on this functionality, so unless Joomshaper updates its current (and future?) Helix framework to include this, these sites will enter production using a different framework. As it stands, I have tested T4 successfully (note the images and links tab) with untrained editors having no problem, so despite my absolute preference for Helix Ultimate, it's not hard to see where this could be headed if Joomshaper doesn't finally address this longstanding issue.

EDIT: this is not an SPPB issue, as the T4 example is using SPPB - the best pagebuilder in the business.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #6499

Hi blue_Shift. Thanks I got it. Never use the front interface, so I did not know about it.

D
danny
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #6583

Hi guys,

I found a workaround for the articles addon. I'm going to try it on the articles vertical slider addon now.

I basically had to manually change the site.php file located in the addon folder in the right spot. I set the $image variable to pull from joomla's core intro image field.

(It seems like there is actually an issue displaying ANY images using the articles and articles slider addon. (It doesn't seem to be affecting the articles category display page menu's; just the module addons used by PB.) I'm using the latest version of PB on joomla 3.9 and php 7.4. I wonder if there is an issue with the image helper classes up the tree that the addons use to set the $image variables...)

Honestly, i think setting these to pull from the core joomla intro article images would be better; seeing as most people do not use the Blog tab in the article editor to choose images. It would be nice if the Joomshaper Helix Blog images parameters would pull the images to crop from the Joomla core intro or full image fields. A lot of sites that are currently using this method would work out of the box.

Anyways... here is the workaround i posted on the question i had in the forums. Hope it might help until they can fix what seems to be a bug.

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/1696

Alex
Alex
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #6631

Hi blue_Shift, I never us the PB frontend so I went ahead and gave it a try and i can concur that it is a big issue that should be fixed immediatelly. When you say longstanding, how much time are we talking about? Because if they are not giving any attention at all to this issue, I will be forced to move on as well.

Alex
Alex
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #6632

Hi Danny,

Thanks for posting a workaround, I will surely look into it today. You might have saved me a lot of headaches for a project I am currently working on.

B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #6635

This issue has been as long as I have been using Helix Ultimate. (I never tried it with v.3 as Joomla's implementation of front end editing has always been sketchy - but Helix's front end editor is beautiful, save for this bug, and T4's is less beautiful but better than the core default, and everything works.) Until now, when one of my clients needed front end facility, I've put them on WP - but right now, this is so close, I may not have to do that any more. On my T4 test, I'm still using my trusted and proven SPPB - but would rather Helix Ultimate get this straightened out.

Alex
Alex
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #6637

Hello Rashida,

Can we get some clarity on this? What are your intentions?

Thanks!