Backend Editor Mode In SP PageBuilder 4 - Question | JoomShaper

Backend Editor Mode In SP PageBuilder 4

Stan

Stan

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Dear JoomShaper developers, Is there an option to use the block admin editor again in SP PageBuilder 4? It's completely insanity to use your frontend editor with addons which are visible only for certain devices. My addons are always hiding and I can't have a complete access to all the blocks at the same time as it was in the backend editor. This new look is very dificult for use and I'm very disappointed because I such paid for subscription to be able to use the new SP PageBuilder 4. It's USELESS

9 Answers
Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #88611

Hello

Apologies for your inconvenience. As you know, SP Page Builder 4.0 has a completely new architecture and we can not add backend edit support to it. It is also easier for developers & users to manage using one editor only. But please note that we have decided to give regular updates to the 3.x series of our Page Builder as we have been for at least the next three years.

SP Page Builder 3.x series will continue to receive security patches, updates, and compatibility support for at least the next 3 years.

This is to ensure that you continue to have the greatest possible site-building experience as you have been. Meanwhile, we humbly request you to give SP Page Builder 4.0 a fair trial and see how you like it, gradually.

C
ccws
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88616
  1. This is a horrible move time will prove it to you. You guys are just trying to immitate elementor which you will lose your advantage.
  2. Why is there no link to download Page Builder 3 in my account then? Where should I get it from your site? attache it here
Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #88617

You can download version 3 from the link below:

https://www.joomshaper.com/downloads/extension/sp-page-builder-pro

C
ccws
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88620

Thanks for the prompt response

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #88652

You are most welcome.

Stan
Stan
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88997

Hello Ariba,

If this is the case then I would suggest you to add block editor tab in the front-end along with the different viewports. If you make it then you'll be back to the game. For us as developers it's easier to use structured data like the block editor. The visual editor is for the end-users who try to build websites by themselves. Those users usualy call us for help when they mess up everything. So the block editor is important for us. I hope you can understand it and pass this information to your developers.

Thanks.

TK
Thomas Kitschke
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #93475

Hello,

please bring back the old interface. The new one only saves when it feels like it and that's not often. It is very slow and you can't find what you need. The old interface was great.

I have version 4 and wanted to go back to 3, unfortunately then in the backend no PB page was displayed and in the frontend also came an error. So I had to go back to 4, which honestly annoys me a little.

Many greetings Thomas

LR
Lama Roscu
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100094

I totally agree. Please restore the old interface! Thank you

A
asiewert
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111853

Dear Ariba

I see on your Facebook page (January 23rd) that you there WILL be a backend editor in the future ongoing version of Pagebuilder. Whether that is 3.X or 4.X.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sppagebuilder/permalink/2112204838971102/?sfnsn=scwspmo&ref=share&mibextid=5hxk5e

It is confusing to see your post from 30 minutes ago that says this is not true. Can you shed some light on the plans for a backend editor going forward?

If there is going to be no backend editor I will abandon SP Pagebuilder.