Contact Form Not Sending Emails - Question | JoomShaper

Contact Form Not Sending Emails

PC

Philip Cabezas

General 11 months ago

Hello,

After trying to figure out why my contact form from Joomshaper is not working I have exhausted myself. Could it be that my server (godaddy) is slow or I have to configure it?

I filled out all the parameters required on SP Pagebuilder - Contact Form. I am still not receving emails. Any suggestions?

Thank you

17 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 11 months ago #115864

Hello Philip Cabezas

Apology for the inconvenience. Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

Best regards

PC
Philip Cabezas
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #115975

Sounds good. Let me do updates to Akeeba Backup and create a user. I will then give credentials in the "Hidden Content".

Thank you

PC
Philip Cabezas
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #115976

I did the update and provided the credentials to log in.

PC
Philip Cabezas
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #116122

I have sent you the credentials to the website. Let me know if I did it correctly.

Thank you

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 11 months ago #116130

I have switched your From Email and Recipient Email in the addon settings. Please chek your form now.

Josef Rosner
Josef Rosner
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #116435

hello, can you say, which email should go into the From Email and Recipient Email ?

PC
Philip Cabezas
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #116567

It seems like it is still not working properly. Why would it not send emails. Seems like it should be straight forward. Could it be something to do with my hosting account?

Thanks

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 11 months ago #116571

It could be hosting issue. Please check test email from Global Configuration first.

PC
Philip Cabezas
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117383

Hello, it seems like the website contact form is still not working. I checked the Global Configuration > System > E-mail settings.

I tried different combinations, but it did not work. I also contacted my hosting provider, and they no firewall or something blocking the SP Page Builder Contact form.

I am out of resources. What could be causing this issue?

Any help appricated.

Thank you

PC
Philip Cabezas
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117384

I did set up Captcha V3 Invisible with the right Google Credentials. I don't think that could be the issue, but I thought I would bring it up.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 10 months ago #117426

I have tried and got Could not instantiate mail function error.

From the internet, I have got a few common causes and possible solutions:

1. Mail server misconfiguration: The mail server settings in your Joomla configuration may be incorrect or incomplete. Ensure that you have correctly configured the SMTP settings or the mail server settings in your Joomla site. Check the hostname, port number, username, password, and encryption settings (if applicable) for your mail server.
  2. PHP mail function disabled: Some web hosting providers disable the PHP mail function for security reasons. In such cases, you will need to use SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) to send emails. Check with your hosting provider if the PHP mail function is disabled and configure your Joomla site to use SMTP for sending emails.
  3. Server restrictions or limitations: Your server may have limitations or restrictions on sending emails, such as a limit on the number of emails per hour or restrictions on sending emails to certain domains. Contact your hosting provider to check if there are any limitations in place that could be causing the error.
  4. Email delivery issues: The error could also be due to issues with the recipient's email server. It's possible that the recipient's server is rejecting the email or marking it as spam. Ensure that the email addresses you are sending to are valid and the recipient's email server is properly configured.
  5. Firewall or security plugins: If you have firewall or security plugins installed on your Joomla site, they may be blocking the outgoing mail function. Check your firewall or security plugin settings to ensure that they are not interfering with email sending.
  6. PHP misconfiguration: It's possible that there is a misconfiguration in your PHP settings related to mail functionality. Check your PHP configuration file (php.ini) to ensure that the necessary settings for sending emails are enabled and correct. Common settings to check include SMTP, smtp_port, sendmail_path, and mail.add_x_header.

Please contact your hosting provider.

PC
Philip Cabezas
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118558

Thank you for the information.

I did contact my hosting provider and we did change the email routing configuration settings to route globally instead of local only.

Once this was done the Joomla 4 can send a test with PHP settings to my email. However the contact form still seems to be having issues.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #120685

Please check Test Email from Joomla Global Configuration settings. Can you get this?

M
Martin
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #122006

Hi, same issue here

Joomla ver 4.3.2 PHP ver 8.1 Pagebuilder Pro ver 5.0.1 Invisible captcha

Joomla test email work with SENDMAIL function. Pagebuilder contact form "email sent failed", with or without captcha

I have Joomla 3 sites with Pagebuilder 3 that works well. I have my own server with several clients.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #122081

Hello Martin

Please post a new question regarding your issue. We will check and help you.

Best regards